LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

7 Worst Kickers in San Francisco 49ers History...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
you had to see #1 coming ... all hail jose cortez!!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/767837-the-7-worst-kickers-in-san-francisco-49ers-history/page/8#/articles/767837-the-7-worst-kickers-in-san-francisco-49ers-history
[ Edited by djgtek on Jan 27, 2012 at 11:29 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
steve spurrier was a awesome punter you know
i'd actually take Cortez over Pochman......

.....but that's like saying i'd eat crap before i'd eat sh*t.

edit:
(nvm)
[ Edited by 49erfeeeever808 on Jan 27, 2012 at 11:32 AM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Kyle Williams is the worst 49er in history.
Originally posted by susweel:

This
Originally posted by AJ_Larrea954:

This

Both of you, read the thread title. And stop.
  • g60nx
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:

This

But he could probably kick better than Owen Pochman
Owen Pochman was BY FAR the worst K in Niner history. number 2 is Cortez, but Pochman was WAAAAAY ahead of everyone else.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Owen Pochman was BY FAR the worst K in Niner history. number 2 is Cortez, but Pochman was WAAAAAY ahead of everyone else.

http://www.modbee.com/2007/10/18/v-print/96322/his-words-mightier-than-foot.html

In Pochman's last game with the 49ers, he missed two field goals and booted the overtime kickoff out of bounds to hand the Arizona Cardinals a gift-wrapped victory. As Mercury News columnist Mark Purdy wrote that day, "By the time you read these words ... Pochman will be either out of a job or out of the country. Or both, if he's smart."
He writes of that Arizona game: "I felt like I was in the locker room of the opposing team. No one wanted to talk to me or look at me. Jim Mora, Jr., the former defensive coordinator, screamed, 'I can't put my kids through (expletive) college because our kicker can't make a field goal.' He's a millionaire, but I still wanted to hand him all the money in my wallet, I felt so bad.

"I took off my jersey and gave one more look at POCHMAN stitched across the back, knowing it would be the last time I ever put that jersey on. Then I threw it into the laundry bin, along with my career in the NFL."
It got worse. The only place teammates left for him on the 49ers' bus was a seat covered in barbecue sauce. Pochman discovered the sauce belatedly but was too horrified to get up and walk past everyone again.

"So I sat like a marinating piece of meat for the entire ride to the airport," he writes.

Originally posted by English:

This

TY!
My vote is for Chokeman.
Doug Brien. Missed game winning field goals back to back weeks. Both in a dome (at Det and at Indy)
This is funny cus jus yesterday I posted about cortez man did he suck...I swear I wondered y he was wit the team for so long lol jus get a fan to kick I bet u have a better shot he could be 10ft from the posts n still find a way to miss..
Larry Allen was Jose Cortez's best friend. Best video I've seen is when Allen grabbed Cortez by the jersey and almost snapped his neck. Classic!
Share 49ersWebzone