LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

7 Worst Kickers in San Francisco 49ers History...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Cortez was 18 of 25 with four blocked kicks in 01. I think Pochman was by far the worst because he totally fell apart.

As for people hating on Williams well he did redeem himself this season so back off.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kingairta:
Cortez was 18 of 25 with four blocked kicks in 01. I think Pochman was by far the worst because he totally fell apart.

As for people hating on Williams well he did redeem himself this season so back off.

players and fans liked cortez cuz he was one of the few kickers in the history of the nfl who would lead the charge down the fields and make tackles! the williams stuff is just silly and stupid. kyle redeemed himself this year and next year with ginn gone, he will be a good wide out(certainly a better third wide out than what we have now) and our main punt returner
Jose Cortez lived up to his XFL nickname "he hate me" hahahahaha
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Owen Pochman was BY FAR the worst K in Niner history. number 2 is Cortez, but Pochman was WAAAAAY ahead of everyone else.

http://www.modbee.com/2007/10/18/v-print/96322/his-words-mightier-than-foot.html

In Pochman's last game with the 49ers, he missed two field goals and booted the overtime kickoff out of bounds to hand the Arizona Cardinals a gift-wrapped victory. As Mercury News columnist Mark Purdy wrote that day, "By the time you read these words ... Pochman will be either out of a job or out of the country. Or both, if he's smart."
He writes of that Arizona game: "I felt like I was in the locker room of the opposing team. No one wanted to talk to me or look at me. Jim Mora, Jr., the former defensive coordinator, screamed, 'I can't put my kids through (expletive) college because our kicker can't make a field goal.' He's a millionaire, but I still wanted to hand him all the money in my wallet, I felt so bad.

"I took off my jersey and gave one more look at POCHMAN stitched across the back, knowing it would be the last time I ever put that jersey on. Then I threw it into the laundry bin, along with my career in the NFL."
It got worse. The only place teammates left for him on the 49ers' bus was a seat covered in barbecue sauce. Pochman discovered the sauce belatedly but was too horrified to get up and walk past everyone again.

"So I sat like a marinating piece of meat for the entire ride to the airport," he writes.

Wow
I believe Cofer missed an XP in the SB vs. Broncos. So, Niners only end up with 55 points instead of 56.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Owen Pochman was BY FAR the worst K in Niner history. number 2 is Cortez, but Pochman was WAAAAAY ahead of everyone else.

http://www.modbee.com/2007/10/18/v-print/96322/his-words-mightier-than-foot.html

In Pochman's last game with the 49ers, he missed two field goals and booted the overtime kickoff out of bounds to hand the Arizona Cardinals a gift-wrapped victory. As Mercury News columnist Mark Purdy wrote that day, "By the time you read these words ... Pochman will be either out of a job or out of the country. Or both, if he's smart."
He writes of that Arizona game: "I felt like I was in the locker room of the opposing team. No one wanted to talk to me or look at me. Jim Mora, Jr., the former defensive coordinator, screamed, 'I can't put my kids through (expletive) college because our kicker can't make a field goal.' He's a millionaire, but I still wanted to hand him all the money in my wallet, I felt so bad.

"I took off my jersey and gave one more look at POCHMAN stitched across the back, knowing it would be the last time I ever put that jersey on. Then I threw it into the laundry bin, along with my career in the NFL."
It got worse. The only place teammates left for him on the 49ers' bus was a seat covered in barbecue sauce. Pochman discovered the sauce belatedly but was too horrified to get up and walk past everyone again.

"So I sat like a marinating piece of meat for the entire ride to the airport," he writes.

Wow
he deserved everything he got. newberry said poach thought it was club med, layed around and had nothing to do with his team mates , he was a white mans verson of lawrence phillips
i found the gif but i cant post it because of the langauge
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
If Mike Cofer isn't at the top of this list, then this list is total BS.

Roger that! I get why people heap scorn on Cortez, but he was only on the team for a season and a half or so. Sure, he was woeful, awful, and plain incompetent, but Cofer had something like two good seasons then squated on the roster like a bum under a bridge for something like four more seasons. I'll admit that Cofer was technically a bit better than Cortez, but he could still hook anything from anywhere--and he did it for four f'ing seasons!
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
I believe Cofer missed an XP in the SB vs. Broncos. So, Niners only end up with 55 points instead of 56.

It was a specialty of his.
Cortez! bye far! He my be living in a cave with bigfoot

Pochman had one good game against Cleveland and then s**t his pants the rest of the season until Peterson came in
Eddie DeBartolo. He kicked just once (vending machine) and broke his foot.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Jose Cortez and Owen Pochman
Sorry. I don't bleacher report.
Share 49ersWebzone