LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

Get rid of Kyle Williams or keep him?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Get rid of Kyle Williams or keep him?

• Chief
  • Veteran
Get rid of him, it would be better for both sides.
Bye.....make room for Desean Jackso n
dump his sorry ass!
I voted keep him, may serve as a good WR, just DO NOT put him on KR/PR duties! We need Ginn or someone else back there that we can trust on ST.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
I voted keep him, may serve as a good WR, just DO NOT put him on KR/PR duties! We need Ginn or someone else back there that we can trust on ST.

Ginn is probably the most reliable return man in the NFL. Even if he never touches the field as a WR, we need to keep him around for return duties.
I'd keep him until after the draft....see where our receiving corps is then, and decide after that. I think we re-sign Morgan, bring in a quality starter in FA (Meachem) and draft WR in rounds 1-4. So chances are good that Kyle gets axed anyway. He could still develop into a quality # 3, so there's no rush in decision necessary.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
makes no sense getting rid of him now. If he gets out played in TC/Preseason, then let him go. But I don't see that happening unless we draft a WR in the 1st and bring in a stud FA.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Anyone who seriously thinks he is going to be outright cut is just stupid. We only have TWO receivers under contract next season, Crabtree and Williams, there is simply no way we cut him. Even if we re-sign Morgan and Ginn we will still essentially need 3 WRS because Ginn should never see the field on offense and Williams should never see the field on returns....

ROOKIE-FA / Crabtree / Morgan / ROOKIE-FA / Williams / Ginn.

Only way Williams get cut is in camp if he loses his spot to Dontavia Bogan or another UDFA.

Quit blaming the entire lose on the guy, he lost in it in the end but good lord everyone with a brain knows there were at least 5 other plays that cost us the game just as much as his dumba** screw ups.
Cut his azz. We are talking about Kyle Fracking Williams here...... If Kyle Williams is consider a "good" WR than I don't even want to know what a "bad" WR is.
Originally posted by 190836:
Walsh would have cut him the day after the Giants game. I feel bad for him and he gets lots of abuse, but I would cut him.

I would like to see what he can do next season and its not like we have a lot of depth at the position, but you are right. No way would BW or Eddie D would have let him step foot in the locker room again. They would've asked for his playbook after the game.

People are crazy. Yes EVERYBODY is pissed that he fumbled. He is just not a punt returner. I really like his play at WR and it would be foolish to trade or cut him.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Terminate him
I have a hard time believing he'll ever get any peace on the subject around here. Roger Craig was a beloved 49er who had built up a ton of equity with 49er fans while helping us win three of our four rings up to that point before his gaffe cost us the three-peat. Many 49er fans are still bitter and hate him for it 20+ years later.

Kyle Williams has talent and he's a good kid, but I just don't see the kid ever living it down.
Originally posted by sfout:
Anyone who seriously thinks he is going to be outright cut is just stupid. We only have TWO receivers under contract next season, Crabtree and Williams, there is simply no way we cut him. Even if we re-sign Morgan and Ginn we will still essentially need 3 WRS because Ginn should never see the field on offense and Williams should never see the field on returns....

ROOKIE-FA / Crabtree / Morgan / ROOKIE-FA / Williams / Ginn.

Only way Williams get cut is in camp if he loses his spot to Dontavia Bogan or another UDFA.

Quit blaming the entire lose on the guy, he lost in it in the end but good lord everyone with a brain knows there were at least 5 other plays that cost us the game just as much as his dumba** screw ups.

That makes too much sense! I would be worried if this team made emotional decisions like fans. If he loses the job by competition so be it.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I have a hard time believing he'll ever get any peace on the subject around here. Roger Craig was a beloved 49er who had built up a ton of equity with 49er fans while helping us win three of our four rings up to that point before his gaffe cost us the three-peat. Many 49er fans are still bitter and hate him for it 20+ years later.

Kyle Williams has talent and he's a good kid, but I just don't see the kid ever living it down.

This Williams has done nothing to prove his worth.
Share 49ersWebzone