There are 105 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Get rid of Kyle Williams or keep him?

Get rid of Kyle Williams or keep him?

Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
Um...dunno how to tell you this, but he was down in the Seahawks game. So...if that's your best attempt at creating a "pattern of verifiable malfeasance" you'd better try another angle.

Do you think Williams knew he was "technically" down? Hell no he didn't. The whistle HAD NOT blown. Players get up and run all the time after going down untouched. He started to get up and his actions could easily have been interpreted as he was trying to advance. There was NO whistle. He either needs to get up and run, or cover up on the ball and wait for a whistle. He did neither. Just because I'm not an apologist for him doesn't mean I hate the dude. I'm just stating the fact that he has a low football IQ.

Wait....are you suggesting that he didn't think he was down in Seattle!?!

I'm not "suggesting" anything. I'm stating as fact that there was no whistle and he should have either got up and ran or cover up on the ball. Good grief, why don't you scrawl a love letter to Williams like the little 7-yo did.
The team sholdn't make a decision on him based on emotion, that would give a "walking on eggshells" kind of atmosphere in the locker room (ala Mike Nolan). But Kyle Williams hasn't really done enough for the team to save/guarantee a roster spot for him. However, he has shown enough to at least go into training camp. A lot of the players are backing him up too. So let him earn it.

Anyways....... aren't there undersized speedsters projected late in the draft EVERY YEAR??? as far as talent, he's dime a dozen.

JMHO
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
The team sholdn't make a decision on him based on emotion, that would give a "walking on eggshells" kind of atmosphere in the locker room (ala Mike Nolan). But Kyle Williams hasn't really done enough for the team to save/guarantee a roster spot for him. However, he has shown enough to at least go into training camp. A lot of the players are backing him up too. So let him earn it.

Anyways....... aren't there undersized speedsters projected late in the draft EVERY YEAR??? as far as talent, he's dime a dozen.

JMHO

Victor Cruz was undrafted
all i hear is kylexcuses



Cut the dude
Keep him. He's got talent. There are numerous examples of players who have choked on the big stage, only to come back and redeem themselves in seasons after.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
Um...dunno how to tell you this, but he was down in the Seahawks game. So...if that's your best attempt at creating a "pattern of verifiable malfeasance" you'd better try another angle.

Do you think Williams knew he was "technically" down? Hell no he didn't. The whistle HAD NOT blown. Players get up and run all the time after going down untouched. He started to get up and his actions could easily have been interpreted as he was trying to advance. There was NO whistle. He either needs to get up and run, or cover up on the ball and wait for a whistle. He did neither. Just because I'm not an apologist for him doesn't mean I hate the dude. I'm just stating the fact that he has a low football IQ.

Wait....are you suggesting that he didn't think he was down in Seattle!?!

I'm not "suggesting" anything. I'm stating as fact that there was no whistle and he should have either got up and ran or cover up on the ball. Good grief, why don't you scrawl a love letter to Williams like the little 7-yo did.

LOL...that's the response I'd EXPECT from a 7 year old. LOL!!!

"If you love it some much why don't you marry it!!!"
Originally posted by KEGster:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
The team sholdn't make a decision on him based on emotion, that would give a "walking on eggshells" kind of atmosphere in the locker room (ala Mike Nolan). But Kyle Williams hasn't really done enough for the team to save/guarantee a roster spot for him. However, he has shown enough to at least go into training camp. A lot of the players are backing him up too. So let him earn it.

Anyways....... aren't there undersized speedsters projected late in the draft EVERY YEAR??? as far as talent, he's dime a dozen.

JMHO

Victor Cruz was undrafted


does that mean KW will be a star too?
Originally posted by Marvin49:
"Often injured"....as in ONCE? Lame.

We aren't "hung up" on him. Its a larger issue. You don't simply cut a guy because he made a mistake. Yes, it was a big game, but it's the SAME game. The size of the consequences don't change the fact that you need to throw, catch and receive. He could have screwed up at any time. Any player could have.

He shouldn't simply be released because it happened to be the NFC Championship game. He was trying to make a play. If you punish guys for trying to make a play, they won't try anymore.

That is, in a nutshell, the Mike Nolan/Mike Singletary era.

One of these days people will realize this and we won't have to have these ridiculous conversations anymore. The only reason, outside of financial considerations, to cut a guy is because you have someone better at his job than him to replace him. Period.

Addition by subtraction rarely works in sports. You have to follow addition by addition.

These things are magnified when you consider we're talking about a 23 year old that has barely found his way in the NFL yet.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
all i hear is kylexcuses



Cut the dude

Nope.
PEOPLE YOU KEEP COMPLAINING ABOUT THE PLAYCALLING THE OFFENSE ALEX SMITH. YADA YADA YADA. BUT IF YOU WERE NOT WATCHING THE GAME HERE IS A NEWS FLASH......WE WERE WINNING. WE WERE DOING EXACTLY WHAT WE NEEDED TO BE DOING.

ALEX DIDN'T HAVE HIS BEST GAME, BUT IT TOOK ELI 3 TIMES AS MANY ATTEMPTS TO SCORE AS MANY POINTS AS ALEX DID. WE WERE ON OUR WAY TO THE SUPER BOWL...PERIOD. HIS 1ST FUMBLE PUT THEM UP FOR THE FIRST TIME IN THE GAME. HIS 2ND FUMBLE f**kED THE WHOLE BAY AREA. SEE IT HOW YOU WANT TO. BUT IF I AM NOT MISTAKEN THIS SAME s**t HAPPENED TO ROGER CRAIG 20 YEARS AGO AND WHAT DID WE DO THAT NEXT OFFSEASON, WE CUT HIM. AND WILLIAMS IS NO ROGER CRAIG LET ME MAKE THAT CLEAR.

SHIP HIS ASS TO THE WHITESOX LETS SEE HIS DADDY FORGIVE HIM WHEN IT IS HIS TEAM HE f**kS OVER.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
does that mean KW will be a star too?

Tells me we shouldn't worry too much about filling up a position like WR. They are the Outfielders of football
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
The team sholdn't make a decision on him based on emotion, that would give a "walking on eggshells" kind of atmosphere in the locker room (ala Mike Nolan). But Kyle Williams hasn't really done enough for the team to save/guarantee a roster spot for him. However, he has shown enough to at least go into training camp. A lot of the players are backing him up too. So let him earn it.

Anyways....... aren't there undersized speedsters projected late in the draft EVERY YEAR??? as far as talent, he's dime a dozen.

JMHO

I have ZERO problem with him not making the roster if there are better guys on the roster. NO PROBLEM AT ALL.

I'm just talking here about the lunacy of essentially cutting the guy as a punative action. It's not JUST about Kyle Williams. That's what SOO MANY PEEPS her don't get. It's like they think this guy is in a vacuum and how you handle him goes unnoticed to the rest of the team.

These guy bleed with him. They spnd time with him. They know him better than any of us.

If you simply cut him because he made a mistake and show him zero loyalty, the rest of the team will respond in kind.

It's really not complicated fellas.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by Shaj:
flawed survey. The keep him option also says "he is the best", which nobody agrees with.

And yet the majority still voted to keep him...despite the original poster's attempt to skew the data.

The current generation of 49er loves crappy football players and will continue to make excuses for them until the cows come home.

LOL. Sus, don't ever change. If it were up to you we'd only have 30 players on the roster.

damn right and they would be the best 30 in the league.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Keep him. He's got talent. There are numerous examples of players who have choked on the big stage, only to come back and redeem themselves in seasons after.

so keep him in the hopes that he will redeem himself? He's a 4th string WR he's not gonna be redeeming anything. Great players redeem themselves, not backups. There is absolutely nothing that he can do short of a SB winning TD catch that he can do to redeem himself.

Its not like this is Frank Gore who fumbled twice, this is a scrub backup.

Lets keep him in the hopes he turns into something
Originally posted by KEGster:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
does that mean KW will be a star too?

Tells me we shouldn't worry too much about filling up a position like WR. They are the Outfielders of football


LOL. basically you were agreeing with me then?