LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 353 users in the forums

Get rid of Kyle Williams or keep him?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Get rid of Kyle Williams or keep him?

The way the locker room circled around him, you couldn't release him right after. BUT if he is equal with another player in training camp, I give the other guy the roster spot instead because Kyle Williams will never be able to live down that fumble in this city.
Craig was 30 with his best years clearly behind him. Your post is not all caps worthy.
Originally posted by 49er4america:
PEOPLE YOU KEEP COMPLAINING ABOUT THE PLAYCALLING THE OFFENSE ALEX SMITH. YADA YADA YADA. BUT IF YOU WERE NOT WATCHING THE GAME HERE IS A NEWS FLASH......WE WERE WINNING. WE WERE DOING EXACTLY WHAT WE NEEDED TO BE DOING.

ALEX DIDN'T HAVE HIS BEST GAME, BUT IT TOOK ELI 3 TIMES AS MANY ATTEMPTS TO SCORE AS MANY POINTS AS ALEX DID. WE WERE ON OUR WAY TO THE SUPER BOWL...PERIOD. HIS 1ST FUMBLE PUT THEM UP FOR THE FIRST TIME IN THE GAME. HIS 2ND FUMBLE f**kED THE WHOLE BAY AREA. SEE IT HOW YOU WANT TO. BUT IF I AM NOT MISTAKEN THIS SAME s**t HAPPENED TO ROGER CRAIG 20 YEARS AGO AND WHAT DID WE DO THAT NEXT OFFSEASON, WE CUT HIM. AND WILLIAMS IS NO ROGER CRAIG LET ME MAKE THAT CLEAR.

SHIP HIS ASS TO THE WHITESOX LETS SEE HIS DADDY FORGIVE HIM WHEN IT IS HIS TEAM HE f**kS OVER.

I give up with this guy. He doesn't hear.

BTW...didn't read. If you need to use all caps in your post, all you are doing is screaming.
Just what do you mean by, "get rid of?" As in cut from the team? Or is your plan far more diabolical....
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Jan 27, 2012 at 2:42 PM ]
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Craig was 30 with his best years clearly behind him. Your post is not all caps worthy.

Is that what he was babbling about? Didn't read.

Craig was let go because he was finished. Ronnie left the same year and he didn't fumble.
Originally posted by KEGster:
The way the locker room circled around him, you couldn't release him right after. BUT if he is equal with another player in training camp, I give the other guy the roster spot instead because Kyle Williams will never be able to live down that fumble in this city.

i dont think anyone is saying cut him NOW. But he does need to be cut
MY QUESTION

Why was Kyle switching ball hands on that final return? There was absolutely no running lane for him. If I remember correctly there were like 2 defenders and blockers ahead so he must have known he was about to get smashed

SO. Did he switch ball hands because he was trying to juke out of a hard hit....because of concussions in the past? This is a valid question IMO and I don't like having a playing with these surrounding questions of health. A backup atleast
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
The team sholdn't make a decision on him based on emotion, that would give a "walking on eggshells" kind of atmosphere in the locker room (ala Mike Nolan). But Kyle Williams hasn't really done enough for the team to save/guarantee a roster spot for him. However, he has shown enough to at least go into training camp. A lot of the players are backing him up too. So let him earn it.

Anyways....... aren't there undersized speedsters projected late in the draft EVERY YEAR??? as far as talent, he's dime a dozen.

JMHO

I have ZERO problem with him not making the roster if there are better guys on the roster. NO PROBLEM AT ALL.

I'm just talking here about the lunacy of essentially cutting the guy as a punative action. It's not JUST about Kyle Williams. That's what SOO MANY PEEPS her don't get. It's like they think this guy is in a vacuum and how you handle him goes unnoticed to the rest of the team.

These guy bleed with him. They spnd time with him. They know him better than any of us.

If you simply cut him because he made a mistake and show him zero loyalty, the rest of the team will respond in kind.

It's really not complicated fellas.

LOL i hear you. some people don't understand how these kinds of decisions affect "THE TEAM, THE TEAM, THE TEAM."

(Just like the bad locker room vibes from last year cutting Michael Robinson)
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by Shaj:
flawed survey. The keep him option also says "he is the best", which nobody agrees with.

And yet the majority still voted to keep him...despite the original poster's attempt to skew the data.

The current generation of 49er loves crappy football players and will continue to make excuses for them until the cows come home.

LOL. Sus, don't ever change. If it were up to you we'd only have 30 players on the roster.

damn right and they would be the best 30 in the league.

LOL. I disagree with you most of the time, but at least you make me laugh (in a good way). ;-)
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Let him compete in the training camp and hopefully he gets cut then. I dont don think you can cut him today because it would send the wrong message.

I really like him in the slot. Great quickness and he actually has hands unlike Ginn. Unless we can coach him up keep him away from punt returns and kicks.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Can this thread get locked already. I think it is pretty obvious that Williams will have to win his roster spot in camp. Even if we won the damn super bowl he'd still have to compete for a roster spot....

When all is said and done after the draft we will probably have or need anywhere from 2 - 4 new receivers for 2012. Williams will more then likely be back but if he gets cut it wont be because of the fumbles. It'll be because he lost a camp competition.

MODS PLEASE LOCK THIS INCREDIBLY REPETITIVE THREAD ALREADY!
Originally posted by KEGster:
MY QUESTION

Why was Kyle switching ball hands on that final return? There was absolutely no running lane for him. If I remember correctly there were like 2 defenders and blockers ahead so he must have known he was about to get smashed

SO. Did he switch ball hands because he was trying to juke out of a hard hit....because of concussions in the past? This is a valid question IMO and I don't like having a playing with these surrounding questions of health. A backup atleast

Because you are taught at a very young age to switch the ball to the outside arm when you nare running. It's ingrained in you very, very early. Thats what he was doing. It probably wasn't even a conscious thing. Thats just what you do.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Keep him. He's got talent. There are numerous examples of players who have choked on the big stage, only to come back and redeem themselves in seasons after.

so keep him in the hopes that he will redeem himself? He's a 4th string WR he's not gonna be redeeming anything. Great players redeem themselves, not backups. There is absolutely nothing that he can do short of a SB winning TD catch that he can do to redeem himself.

Its not like this is Frank Gore who fumbled twice, this is a scrub backup.

Lets keep him in the hopes he turns into something

No, don't keep him in the hope he redeems himself. Keep him if he shows improvement in the off-season and proves himself one of the better WR's in training camp and preseason. If there are 5 better WRs in camp and we're keeping 5, cut him. To cut him for mistakes made in one game is silly. I don't care that it was the NFC Championship. The dude is 23.
The team sholdn't make a decision on him based on emotion, that would give a "walking on eggshells" kind of atmosphere in the locker room (ala Mike Nolan). But Kyle Williams hasn't really done enough for the team to save/guarantee a roster spot for him. However, he has shown enough to at least go into training camp. A lot of the players are backing him up too. So let him earn it.

Anyways....... aren't there undersized speedsters projected late in the draft EVERY YEAR??? as far as talent, he's dime a dozen.

JMHO

I have ZERO problem with him not making the roster if there are better guys on the roster. NO PROBLEM AT ALL.

I'm just talking here about the lunacy of essentially cutting the guy as a punative action. It's not JUST about Kyle Williams. That's what SOO MANY PEEPS her don't get. It's like they think this guy is in a vacuum and how you handle him goes unnoticed to the rest of the team.

These guy bleed with him. They spnd time with him. They know him better than any of us.

If you simply cut him because he made a mistake and show him zero loyalty, the rest of the team will respond in kind.

It's really not complicated fellas.

LOL i hear you. some people don't understand how these kinds of decisions affect "THE TEAM, THE TEAM, THE TEAM."

(Just like the bad locker room vibes from last year cutting Michael Robinson)

...who is currently in Hawaii.
Share 49ersWebzone