There are 53 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

QB position up for competition next year?

http://slumz.boxden.com/f16/jim-harbaugh-next-years-qb-spot-will-earned-1691903/
Its what hes said from day one
that's good, i really want to see what we have in Cap and even the 3rd guy.
Originally posted by RonRon:
http://slumz.boxden.com/f16/jim-harbaugh-next-years-qb-spot-will-earned-1691903/

This is a bunch of coach speak. Three weeks before he was saying Alex is the long term solution and should be in the pro bowl. If they sign Alex he will be the starter de facto and Kaepernick or Tolzien would have to play so so so much better than him to even be considered as the starter.

Alex threw few picks, but he also did not take chances. Got the wins but is that enough to make it to the SB?? Almost was, but the lack in faith of the WR's on Sunday was apparent.
It isn't an open competition. By that I mean, Alex is the starter going into camp. But if the coaching staff feels like Kap is out performing him they will move him up the chart. So don't think this is like years past where they went into TC without knowing who their starter was.
  • SF14
  • Veteran
I like how Coach H is going about this. Nothing is given and everything is earned for next season. While I am sure Smith will get the nod, Jim H doesn't want to anyone going into camp thinking they don't have to work their ass off because their position is given to them on a silver platter.
[ Edited by SF14 on Jan 24, 2012 at 9:29 AM ]
Yep. The same "open competition" Patrick Willis has for his spot every year.
there is no competition lol... just coach speak
I think 5 INT's all season for Smith has all but guaranteed him the starting job.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
It isn't an open competition. By that I mean, Alex is the starter going into camp. But if the coaching staff feels like Kap is out performing him they will move him up the chart. So don't think this is like years past where they went into TC without knowing who their starter was.

This
Lets go Team Kap !!!
I feel we're very blessed to have Kaep and A.Smith as our Qb's. Let the games begin
kaep starter
[ Edited by ninersbaby1 on Jan 24, 2012 at 9:48 AM ]
Keep them both hungry, I say. Nothing wrong with that. Everyone can read between the lines.
yeah coaches talk. alex might not even be back with the team to begin with. let's wait til free agency plays out