LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 262 users in the forums

Who will have the best season of all 2nd year starting qbs?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Who will have the best season of all 2nd year starting qbs?

Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Pats to me are interesting. You have a Coach on the Mt Rushmore of football. Good deep RBs. Good line. Good receivers. Belichick D. It's a good team.

Jags will win more games than last year maybe around 7-8 wins.

Will it be a good line? Remains to be seen. Traded away their best guard.

I don't see how an offense coached by two failed HC's with limited playcalling experience will be successful.

I figure you are talking Pats.. very good line they drafted OL 1st round.. they are one of the few clubs that gets really good push up front imo..

Also Belichick is head coach.. I think he knows his staff very well and his staff is consistently among the best.
Going off last year, most people would say Mac Jones. But I don't know. Matt Patricia is now their o-coordinator. And the offense will supposedly be completely different. All I know is, its never a good sign for a QB in year 2 if you're changing things drastically, so we'll see.

I'll say Lance for now just because I hope it happens.
Mac is winning a superbowl this year.
I figure you are talking Pats.. very good line they drafted OL 1st round.. they are one of the few clubs that gets really good push up front imo..

Also Belichick is head coach.. I think he knows his staff very well and his staff is consistently among the best.

But he doesn't have a real OC. Not many skill position players either.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Aug 9, 2022 at 7:31 AM ]
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

He has a real OC lol. It's Patricia. Belichick chose him to call plays.. and Belichick is no fool he knows what's he's doing..

They are not naming him OC so Lions are still on the hook financially and he doesn't have to participate in required coordinator calls with media. It's a savvy move like most of the Pats moves.

Parker is very talented, just has to stay healthy, good possession receivers as well and they do throw to the backs and TEs who are good. Very solid O.. if not spectacular.

He has a real OC lol. It's Patricia. Belichick chose him to call plays.. and Belichick is no fool he knows what's he's doing..

They are not naming him OC so Lions are still on the hook financially and he doesn't have to participate in required coordinator calls with media. It's a savvy move like most of the Pats moves.

Parker is very talented, just has to stay healthy, good possession receivers as well and they do throw to the backs and TEs who are good. Very solid O.. if not spectacular.
Patricia is not a real OC nor ever called offensive plays
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Patricia is not a real OC nor ever called offensive plays

He's the OC.. they haven't come out and said that.. but he is

He's the OC.. they haven't come out and said that.. but he is

I have a feeling a train wreck is coming. Good luck Mac lol
The safe unbiased bet is Lawrence.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I'm going with Zach Wilson, only because he's in a Shanny offense and QB's usually do pretty decent their second year in that offense.

If we take Lance out for the fact I am Niner fan... I think Lawrence has a massive jump this year. He has a real head coach and more weapons. My guess he will be a 25TD 15int type of guy this year. I think Wilson and Mills will look better this year. I think Fields struggles immensely and I say that as a Buckeye who wanted him, he is in a tough spot. I think Jones has hit his ceiling and will continue on as a mid level guy the rest of his career.
I say Lawrence mainly because I think the Jaguars will be playing from behind almost every game so he'll probably be throwing for 4000+ and close to 30 tds. Lance will have the better season just on team wins.
[ Edited by ninerjok on Aug 19, 2022 at 12:48 PM ]
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I'm going with Zach Wilson, only because he's in a Shanny offense and QB's usually do pretty decent their second year in that offense.

I like how you chose Zach Wilson for having a Shanny like offense but didn't choose Trey Lance who's coach is literally Kyle Shanahan.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I like how you chose Zach Wilson for having a Shanny like offense but didn't choose Trey Lance who's coach is literally Kyle Shanahan.

Yup. Very weird justification.
Share 49ersWebzone