LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 306 users in the forums

Who will have the best season of all 2nd year starting qbs?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Who will have the best season of all 2nd year starting qbs?

I think it's impressive that there are 6 starting qbs from last year's draft class. Has this ever happened before? I think Mac takes a step back this year, Patriots look confused. I don't know if Lawrence or Wilson show us anything. Mills is nothing spectacular. I'm going Lance or fields.
[ Edited by JoseCortez on Aug 7, 2022 at 9:19 PM ]
Lawrence, Lance, Jones, Wilson, Fields
I'm going with Zach Wilson. Jets roster got way better.
Besides Lance, none of the other QBs are in a particularly good situation right now.
Lance hopefully but Wilson seems to be catching on lately.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Trevor
Lance doesn't really belong on this list since he wasn't the starter last season. He was the only one that was a backup so he's a rookie in terms of starts. He has a good chance to be more successful than the other guys though since the Niners are better than any of the other teams.

It depends on what you consider a good season. Lawrence could rack up more yards since he's going to be a bigger part of the offense than Trey who has way more help. If you look at wins and the intangibles then Trey could be better.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Aug 8, 2022 at 7:42 AM ]
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Lance doesn't really belong on this list since he wasn't the starter last season. He was the only one that was a backup so he's a rookie in terms of starts. He has a good chance to be more successful than the other guys though since the Niners are better than any of the other teams.

Yes but an argument can be made he has the best roster around him.
Looking at the non 49er QBs.. I like Mac & Trevor. Trevor.. that was a clownshow with Meyer. They actually have a HC now.. so we will get a more honest assessment and word is he looks good.

Mac looked above his years last year.. word is he looks better now. Fields I like him, but they hired a defensive HC and shipped Robinson out replaced him with a rook.. he may have to do more with his legs..
Obviously biased, but Lance has the best team and best coach so he should be tops of this list.

Originally posted by bigmur49:
Obviously biased, but Lance has the best team and best coach so he should be tops of this list.

That's not being biased lol. Based on the teams, Mac Jones is the only other QB on an actual good team roster wise
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Originally posted by bigmur49:

That's not being biased lol. Based on the teams, Mac Jones is the only other QB on an actual good team roster wise

The Jets actually have a pretty good roster if they stay healthy.
Best season? Dunno

Most wins? If it is not Lance.... we did something wrong
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Best season? Dunno

Most wins? If it is not Lance.... we did something wrong

Pats to me are interesting. You have a Coach on the Mt Rushmore of football. Good deep RBs. Good line. Good receivers. Belichick D. It's a good team.

Jags will win more games than last year maybe around 7-8 wins.
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Aug 8, 2022 at 1:39 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Pats to me are interesting. You have a Coach on the Mt Rushmore of football. Good deep RBs. Good line. Good receivers. Belichick D. It's a good team.

Jags will win more games than last year maybe around 7-8 wins.

Will it be a good line? Remains to be seen. Traded away their best guard.

I don't see how an offense coached by two failed HC's with limited playcalling experience will be successful.
Share 49ersWebzone