There are 154 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Defense Thread

Lord help our OFFENSE...

Frank Gore is our number one.. All time rusher!!!.. What is da problem??!!..

LOVE ... OUR.. DEFENSE.. I rather see them on da field all day..
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by 49ERJUNKY:
Better offense makes better defense! We need to friggin improve our offense and keep our defense intact! We need to brake the wallet our time is now!

I could've sworn New Orleans was a lock to make the Super Bowl, too bad our DEFENSE put the brakes on that!!!

Seriously though, I think playing mistake free, elite defense and a good running attack goes along way....too bad we just so happen to play with mistakes.

Pop da brakes!!

LOL..

We will be Back.
Originally posted by 49ERJUNKY:
Better offense makes better defense! We need to friggin improve our offense and keep our defense intact! We need to brake the wallet our time is now!

Peyton Manning would look great in red and gold.
Originally posted by NinerGold39:

I hate saying it but we would be guaranteed a Super Bowl appearance in the next couple seasons with Manning. But I can't blame the front office not going all Lakers and destroying the locker room. This whole Kyle Williams dynamic is a very interesting one because this team did not have a pre season together so it really jelled on the run. I can't wait to see an entire off season of working together.

But ultimately Kyle plays offense and his position will have the most turn over

With Manning, there is still some uncertainty with his neck. 3 injuries in 2 years or something. How would you feel investing everything in Manning & then he turns into Trent Green
This is what makes me sad. This defense played lights out; especially in that second half. My god, that was incredible. And not only that, but this TEAM busted their asses off all season. The damn giants took half the season off. Yeah, they stepped up when it counted most, but this team, mostly the defense, deserves to be getting all the lime light right now. They deserve to showcase their stuff in the superbowl. So frustrating.
[ Edited by est1985 on Jan 26, 2012 at 1:03 AM ]
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Finally our D gets some credit. The thing I've been most upset about with the post-analysis is how people have been so eager to deify Eli and trash Alex, they've ignored or downplayed the spectacular performance by our D, one of the most remarkable 2nd-half adjustments I've ever seen. Contrary to the "experts," Eli did not have a good game. His yardage per attempt was horrendous, he threw two terrible balls that should've been picked, and he was awful in the second half. Outside of drives starting inside his opponent's 30 yard line, he led his team to a measly 10 points. However, this is a credit to our D, because Eli is an elite QB and would've shredded most defenses. He just happened to be facing probably the best D the NFL has seen since the 2000 Ravens, if not the 85 Bears.

Have never been so proud to root for a group of guys as I was Sunday watching our D.
[ Edited by vaden on Jan 26, 2012 at 2:29 AM ]
I hope all of you respondents actually read the article, because after doing so, it will make you feel proud, excited, and actually good about our season.
93 plays. That's right, 93 plays the D was on the field...and still going strong in the end as at the beginnng. For a team that has been excluded from press coverage by an obviously biased sports media, this article put everything into perspective. Our D was all pro, all 11 of them. They played great, and they played their hearts out. No D in the league will be equal to them this coming season. Look for us to return to NFC title game and on to SB..for a win.

When you put it into perspective, with the best and hardest hitting D in the league, who wouldn't be excited about this coming season. We need 3 WRs, a #1, 2 and 3 . We have a #4 in Craps, who along with Kap could easily be used to get us 2 picks a lot higher than pick #30. We should be able to pickup one or two WRs in trade or just as FA, and we should be able to get at least one , maybe two picks a lot higher than where we are now. Burn 'em both on WRs.
IDGAF! Our D this year was the best in NFL history.
I don't want to lose anyone on our D
Originally posted by NinerGold39:

Standing there by himself? Because we'd have to cut half the team to sign him.
Being a coach, and a defensive coach at that, I loved watching the 9er defense. I hope other fans realize how special it is. Hope they keep them together. An offseason to get everything in should make them even better.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
I don't want to lose anyone on our D

I'm open to change. I didn't wanna lose Clements or Lawson either, but it was for the MUCH better.

But yea, seems we have a very solid group this year.
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
All through the game A. Smith played as well as Eli Manning in fact the score was tied at the end of regulation. In the end the game was won by field position gained by the fumbles, not by Eli Manning. The defense held New Yorks vaunted offense to 17 point. Our pedestrian offence gained the same amount of points as the high powered passing attack of Eli Manning and his super wide receivers. We had the opportunity to get three turnovers which may have turned the game and given us the field position but we didn't get it done and New York did. Hopefully our team has the burning desire to get back and that they are willing to pay the price of keeping their focus, developing that little bit more and try it again next year..

t

So, you are saying it is OK for Alex Smith, vs a crap defense vs the pass, played as good as a QB playing against one of THE BEST DEFENSES ever?

Alex should have doubled Eli's stats vs the NYG defense.
Originally posted by Joecool:
So, you are saying it is OK for Alex Smith, vs a crap defense vs the pass, played as good as a QB playing against one of THE BEST DEFENSES ever?

Alex should have doubled Eli's stats vs the NYG defense.

You need to stop with this "crap defense" BS when referring to the Giants. That is a very good D that has been playing lights out.
great article.

i just hope that our defense this year was the beginning of a Ravens-like standard of excellence and not a one-year aberration due to a monumental effort that can't be repeated.