There are 92 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Blame Game

Referees did not cost the Niners the win. All this thread is good for is more whining. 2 muffed punts and the inability to move the ball on offense and convert on 3rd downs lost the game.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Foward Progress. To be honest, we need some WRS! I say we trade up for one or trade for calvin johnson; only two options to improve this team.

LOL. Maybe they will trade us Matt Stafford too.
It's funny how people blame the offense. Points are at a premium in the playoffs; very hard to come by. Look at the patriots. That's why this was a horrible call. Quit looking at it from a "replay" point of view. In real time, it's a fumble. Hochili can suck on a fat one.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Foward Progress. To be honest, we need some WRS! I say we trade up for one or trade for calvin johnson; only two options to improve this team.

LOL. Maybe they will trade us Matt Stafford too.

Awww man that's barry sandars greedy!
Originally posted by est1985:
It's funny how people blame the offense. Points are at a premium in the playoffs; very hard to come by. Look at the patriots. That's why this was a horrible call. Quit looking at it from a "replay" point of view. In real time, it's a fumble. Hochili can suck on a fat one.

yes a fumble. this hurt as a fan but we could have done better elsewhere too.
I have to agree with some of the posters here. The offensive game plan cost us the game. We were able to run against the Giants, yet Greg Roman was pass happy even though it wasn't working. Why we abandoned the run, I have no idea.
The part that I could not understand was when we had 2:18 before the half and Alex let the clock run down to the 2:00 minute warning and then they ran three plays with Gore up the middle for no gain. Then they punted to the Giants and gave them 1:49 left on the clock. They then went down and got the field goal. I don't know what Roman was thinking there.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
ST coach should've told KW to just get the hell out of the way of the ball if he didn't have a clean return lane. That diving catch he made earlier should've alerted the ST coach as to what might happen.

Couldn't believe his stupidity on the diving catch. After last week's sideline grab I thought he wanted to be on ESPNs highlite tape. And now he is.

Tough way to learn a lesson everybody already knew. He deserves to be cut first thing tomorrow
It's ironic listening people saying that we should've ran more... But it's true
I don't see how we could blame Harbaugh or Roman. They got the most out of this offense all year long. They literally squeezed out every last drop. There just was not enough talent to get it done. 2 receiving threats is not enough. We essentially played with our hands tied all year long, and won 13 games and a playoff game.

I thought the playcalling was fine today. Nobody was getting open to convert on those 3rd downs. The Giants have a very talented D that has played extremely well for 5 games now. They zoned in on VD and Crabtree, and nobody else was capable of getting open and making a play. We need more talent at WR and TE. Given the right moves, the 2012 49er offense will be a force.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Jan 22, 2012 at 11:21 PM ]
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,874
Originally posted by rudedog:
The part that I could not understand was when we had 2:18 before the half and Alex let the clock run down to the 2:00 minute warning and then they ran three plays with Gore up the middle for no gain. Then they punted to the Giants and gave them 1:49 left on the clock. They then went down and got the field goal. I don't know what Roman was thinking there.

That conservative s**t pissed me off
Originally posted by susweel:
The Harbaugh's cant get to the big game.

I wanna strongly! disagree wit you buut he depends on the D tooo much. Not goin for the kill & putting opponents away can comeback to bite us in the @$$ in the future too. When harbs gets a lead, that playing not to loose & expect the D to do everthing! else is not coo.
I'm going to give Harbaugh and Roman credit for giving us great football almost into the month of February.

Thanks guys.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong Brees and Manning dropped back to pass 130 times and the Saints and Giants were called for holding 2 times?
My My what a offensive friendly league...
[ Edited by vamphunter23 on Jan 23, 2012 at 12:02 AM ]