There are 62 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Blame Game

I blame Singletary
I blame Singletary
Four things that come to mind:

1) This game CAN NOT be hung on Williams. Frankly. at 1 point being 0-13 on first downs, we were lucky to be in the game.

2) In first quarter we were playing press coverage withoiut bumpimg or engaging the receiver. Biggest culprit: Rogers

3) We must have a receiver or two depending on if Morgan comes back. Food for thought: Wouldn't it be nice to see DeSean Jackson at WR? A receiver who knows the West Coast Offense, and a Free Agent whose stock has gone down a little bit.

4. Our draft: Cornerback first, Wide Receiver Second, Oline depth.
[ Edited by kgfalls on Jan 23, 2012 at 12:30 PM ]
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by kidash98:
Originally posted by 15crabtree:
hondakillerzx ,i am a die hard niner for life, and you are mentioning oakland like that is your side team ,point blank is baalke and williams lost us the game yesterday

We win as a team, we lose as a team. The same personnel who won 13-3 regular season games for us is the same team who took the field yesterday (minus the obvious inured players). The same team Baalke assembled.

Now tell me how the f*@k Baalke lost yesterdays game for us?

- 98

Baalke did as much as anyone to get us there.


Let's use a little logic on this debate - I know tough after yesterday.

GM is big picture decision maker, not week to week game planning. Did Williams have a history of making a lot of mistakes prior to yesterday? I don't think so. So, how is the big picture personnel planner for the team at fault when a young player that normally plays well completely loses his composure for the first time in a big game?

Now looking at the big picture - they went 13-3, and lost in the Championship in OT after a fumble. Forget about turning over rocks to find blame at the GM level. That sounds silly IMO.
[ Edited by djfullshred on Jan 23, 2012 at 12:33 PM ]
Originally posted by kgfalls:
Four things that come to mind:

1) This game CAN NOT be hung on Williams. Frankly. at 1 point being 0-13 on first downs, we we lukkcy to be in the game.

2) In first quarter we were playing press coverage withoiut bumpimg or engaging the receiver. Biggest culprit: Rogers

3) We must have receiver or two depending on if Morgan comes back. Food for thought: Wouldn't it be nice to see DeSean Jackson at WR? A receiver who knows the West Coast Offense, and a Free Agent whose stock has gone down a little bit.

4. Our draft: Cornerback first, Wide Receiver Second, Oline depth.

Leading 14-10 he f**ks around and gets hit by the ball. In OT fumbles again. At no point were we losing during any of those mistakes so yes it can be hung on him. He gave them half of their points
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 12,827
Jim Harbaugh Got It Wrong:

On the other hand San Francisco 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh chose safe strategy when faced with his fourth down decision, this one in overtime.

San Francisco had a 4th-and-1 from its own 31-yard line. The common strategy taken in this situation by NFL coaches is to punt. However, in overtime, possession of the ball is worth a lot more than it is in most regulation circumstances because of the sudden-death rules.

Here is what ESPN's win probability tool says about San Francisco's options.

• Go for it: Since 2001, teams going for it on fourth-and-one convert nearly 65 percent of the time. Taking into account the 49ers' win probability if they convert with a one-yard play and if they don't, their expected win probability if choosing to go for it was 52.1 percent.

• Punt: 49ers' punter Andy Lee's average net punt during the season was 44 yards. If Lee had matched that number, the New York Giants would've gotten the ball at their own 25, and the 49ers' win probability would be 48.9 percent.

So by choosing to punt the 49ers cost themselves a little more than three percentage points of win probability.

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/37246/analyzing-harbaughs-fourth-down-calls
Originally posted by Jcool:
Jim Harbaugh Got It Wrong:

On the other hand San Francisco 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh chose safe strategy when faced with his fourth down decision, this one in overtime.

San Francisco had a 4th-and-1 from its own 31-yard line. The common strategy taken in this situation by NFL coaches is to punt. However, in overtime, possession of the ball is worth a lot more than it is in most regulation circumstances because of the sudden-death rules.

Here is what ESPN's win probability tool says about San Francisco's options.

• Go for it: Since 2001, teams going for it on fourth-and-one convert nearly 65 percent of the time. Taking into account the 49ers' win probability if they convert with a one-yard play and if they don't, their expected win probability if choosing to go for it was 52.1 percent.

• Punt: 49ers' punter Andy Lee's average net punt during the season was 44 yards. If Lee had matched that number, the New York Giants would've gotten the ball at their own 25, and the 49ers' win probability would be 48.9 percent.

So by choosing to punt the 49ers cost themselves a little more than three percentage points of win probability.

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/37246/analyzing-harbaughs-fourth-down-calls

How about Kyle Williams got it wrong? instead of Harbaugh going for it on HIS OWN 31
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,353
KYLE when it all comes down to it he is to blame as much as I hate to say it your team made the biggest stop of the year and you are in POSITION TO WIN IT and you fumble when you have a chance to win those other stats dont matter at this point the game is 0-0 and first team to score win period. Kyle is to blame he is the player out there not the coaches not the defense not Carlos or Alex but KYLE!
Originally posted by Axl49:
KYLE when it all comes down to it he is to blame as much as I hate to say it your team made the biggest stop of the year and you are in POSITION TO WIN IT and you fumble when you have a chance to win those other stats dont matter at this point the game is 0-0 and first team to score win period. Kyle is to blame he is the player out there not the coaches not the defense not Carlos or Alex but KYLE!

good post
  • fly15
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,222
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by Apone:
Williams was awful from the beginning. He almost lost that fumble on the reverse. Fair catching balls with no one around him for at least 10 good yards. Diving for balls...for what reason I have no idea. Not to mention he was completely useless as a receiver. Harbaugh should of yanked Williams.

Roman must of thought Alex was Young, Crabtree was Rice, and Gore was Terry Kirby. He completely got away from the run in the 2nd half When he did call run plays, it was either sweeps or draws from the gun.....

Lots of blame to go around... Roman didn't call a good game IMO. Guess it would help if the WRs got open. We really played not to lose.

still blaming the wr's for not being open....
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,353
No idea how much this still hurts right now guys. I almost want to call in to work I just can function after seeing my team lose at the stick like this. I kept saying we cant lost like this not like this. A special teams fumble really! Not even mention the horrible call they made on giants supposed non fumble!
Originally posted by canadian49erfan:
I blame Singletary

Lol..me too why not?
I blame the white rally towels, they should've kept it red!!!!!!
The guys who were supposed to work themselves open...Crabtree & Co. simply didn't do a good job of creating real separation from NY's defense. I've seen some zoners calling for Alex, Roman to be fired...that makes no sense to me. Roman's a quality OC...the players (Alex included) didn't execute yesterday's game plan thoroughly. Give Alex more consistent pass protection, better playmaking/route-running receivers, you'll see a much-improved offense. When Vernon and Gore are basically it in any game, let alone the NFC Championship, your offense is going to be limited. That's what we saw yesterday. I'd like to see Hunter become a much more integral part of the offense...he makes things happen. We definitely need upgraded receivers...re-signing Morgan, drafting a TE like Coby Fleener will help. A good rookie and maybe a quality vet will fill the bill. You know Harbaugh will be looking at a number of vets at the Pro Bowl who might help. Ditto Baalke and his scouts at the Senior Bowl. Help is out there...it's simply up to Harbaugh and Baalke to find it...I'm pretty confident they'll do it.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,353
I blame Ed Retard Hochuli