There are 110 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Blame Game

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
No man. We were up 14-10 when William had his mishaps. Then we tide it again with a field goal at 17-17 to go overtime. Roman and the offense just couldn't over come the turnovers. Williams lost the game . Gave the offense a bigger mountain to climb out of.

This, pretty much. That being said, for next season the offensive players that stay will have another year in the system, an entire off-season to learn it and hopefully some new players to bolster the offense. Don't forget, we will still have that defense that should keep us in pretty much every game. Can't wait til next season... go Niners! Draft offense!
I've seen alot of people blaming Kyle Williams and yes, fate wasnt kind to him. For most he'll be the goat of that game. Too me, the play calling during the game, less a few plays was terrible. Too conservative and the WR were either left out of the game plan or they suck that bad. The running game was awesome and was forgot about. Alex Smith CANNOT roll out and pass without one hopping the ball. I'm calling him "In the dirt" Alex from now on. He needs more blame for this loss with his terrible game. But, to me it all comes down to the offensive play calling. VERY POOR! They threw away another great defensive effort. And as far as officiating goes, if you are relying on them to win you a game, you already lost. Yes, that was a premature whistle and they missed alot of holding calls. More than just the Baas hold that was for sure! Also, agree with the above post. Dixon and his stupid haircut can go. He's talentless.
last 4 possessions, gore touched the ball twice. All while the running game had been working for the most part.
Totally agree. See my last post in other area.
We had a great season so stop whining!
I know some of you won't like it and disapprove what you'll probably see as always looking for the scapegoat.
But nevertheless, explaining that disappointing loss is necessary.
Please vote and explain your choice.

For my part, i would go with JH ... yes JH ! Most of you will probably think i'm insane as he maximized the team's play all season.
Yes i agree. But it doesn't mean he didn't struck out at the last at bat in the 9th inning.
He approved Roman's PC which i found pretty "Jimmy Raye" but on a passing version (yes, yes it's possible) from the second half on, and he didn't alter from the 4th QTR.
He didn't upgrade the WR corp which is depleted.
He didn't make sure we had a viable option for an injured Ted Ginn.
He counted too much on our defense (they can bend and bend and bend and bend and bend and bend and bend and bend but they'll finally break .. it's human)
Last but not least : my niners were playing not to lose and that's the most disappointing part of all. And JH as the skipper is most responsible.
With that said, i think he is a great coach but we've got to upgrade our offense as i think this team as it is will never win a SB (so i disagree with Vernon's postgame comments).
Very sad as we have one of the best defense in a long long time.

Niner fans : fire when ready.
[ Edited by 49Fever on Jan 23, 2012 at 9:00 AM ]
Originally posted by SealTeam6:
Baalke was to busy patting himself on the back, to pick up late season help after our two strting WRs went down. Roman's only creativity is on trick plays they cant get right and with lousy execution(coaching).
And Williams was more concerned about himself looking great then making his team look like winners

I don't think you know why Baalke and Williams did what they did. You might like to bear in mind that there wasn't anything particularly impressive in the FA market, and it would have taken time for them to pick up the playbook. Baalke's approach was perfectly justified. I don't think you have any evidence whatsoever that he has become complaisant or arrogant.

And I don't think you have any evidence to support that comment about Williams either.

Oh, and talking about what you describe as lousy execution (coaching), Perhaps you could just remind us exactly how long Roman and Harbaugh got to roll out their play book and work with the O?
  • Apone
  • Veteran
Every gets a share of the pie, but it's Kyle Williams. He had 3 Fumbles. The last two cost us 10 points and a SB.
Good grief. Seriously?
Yea it's easy to blame Williams but it was the offense that really lost the game. They had several opportunists to score but just failed. And that red zone field goal was a killer. Williams definitely played a huge role in the loss but so did the offense. And a lot of it was play calling. Get Gore the dam ball. The giants totally gave up on checking Gore on those underneath dump offs. Yet it wasn't exploited. Their linebackers were all bailing out to prevent VD from making another big play.
I just can't understand how T.Brock makes it on the field and Spencer remains completly inactive......

However, it's hard to questionn a coach that got us to the NFC Championship.
It was the packages we put in. Crabtree could not get open, VD was doubled and Delanie could not get open. Too many double TE sets. Our receiver can't get no separation but Roman did not impress me with his calls when it counted. Knowing all of this we just needed a solid drive to win the game.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
last 4 possessions, gore touched the ball twice. All while the running game had been working for the most part.

Yeah, I don't know why Roman went pass happy. Especially on the second to last opportunity in the 4th quarter, they should have ran the ball since NY was playing the pass. Instead Roman called three pass plays that failed and gave the ball back to NY with plenty of time to potential win the game. Also, I'm tired of the jumbo package for short yardage, it doesn't seem to work anymore and the offense should not need the assistance of D line players to get a first down.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
No man. We were up 14-10 when William had his mishaps. Then we tide it again with a field goal at 17-17 to go overtime. Roman and the offense just couldn't over come the turnovers. Williams lost the game . Gave the offense a bigger mountain to climb out of.

The turnovers weren't the reason the offense was 1-13 on 3rd down, and only held the ball for 5 minutes in the first half.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RDB4216:
The turnovers weren't the reason the offense was 1-13 on 3rd down, and only held the ball for 5 minutes in the first half.

And how was that WAY different then in any of our 14 wins this year?