LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

49ers/Giants get Ed Hochuli

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Garcia:
he f**ked up the broncos raiders game

Yeah, but at least he admitted it.
Originally posted by andes14:
And btw, people way overblow the whole deal with his arms. They're not THAT big. He's clearly cut, and he clearly works out, but no one's gonna be confusing them for like Schwarzenegger's or David Boston's or Michael Pittman's anytime soon...

It's not really that they are that big it's you just get a feeling that he is in love with them so much. You know when he signals for a first down, he is almost looking at his biceps when he does it and you expect him to kiss one of them alla metta world peace. I do however think he is a solid ref.
[ Edited by Husker49er on Jan 19, 2012 at 8:40 PM ]
Originally posted by Husker49er:
And btw, people way overblow the whole deal with his arms. They're not THAT big. He's clearly cut, and he clearly works out, but no one's gonna be confusing them for like Schwarzenegger's or David Boston's or Michael Pittman's anytime soon...

It's not really that they are that big it's you just get a feeling that he is in love with them so much. You know when he signals for a first down, he is almost looking at his biceps when he does it and you expect him to kiss one of them alla metta world peace. I do however think he is a solid ref.

Oh for sure. Which is embarrassing for him because they are nice, but by no means mind-blowing and he's so in love with them. But fans DO seem to always talk about his "guns" which just adds fuel to his fire. You want guns? HERE. Are. Guns.

These are NOT guns:

Hochuli and Carey, two refs who always have to ASSERT themselves into every game. Do not want

its a shame we couldnt get the crew who did our divisional game vs the Saints. They let the players play.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Hochuli and Carey, two refs who always have to ASSERT themselves into every game. Do not want

its a shame we couldnt get the crew who did our divisional game vs the Saints. They let the players play.

They didn't call a single penalty on the Saints though, I've never seen that before. And the Whitner PI call was BS.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

They didn't call a single penalty on the Saints though, I've never seen that before. And the Whitner PI call was BS.

They did call one that we declined when we recovered the fumble. the PI call was bs, i agree. But its not like we got a bunch of penalties and was a completely lopsided game. Most of ours were mental mistakes (Bruce in the huddle, the recievers trying to plow the DBs two plays in a row). But for the most part they let the players decide this one, and thats what i like. They didnt get whistle happy with all the hits flying around.
Expect a lot of penalties.
In the 49er-Saints game I can't recall one holding penalty on either offensive line. The NFL offices sent the memo to let them play.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
He's gotten better, but the only problem I have is that Mike Carey will be on his staff this weekend, that guy hates us with all his heart (barely made it out of that Lions game because of him).

Black guy right?
Are we gonna get screwed over by the refs? Seeing how everyone outside of the west coast wants to see the Patriots vs Giants? Please lord don't let it happen!

lolwut?
Hopefully not.
I reviewed this Sunday's staff at http://www.footballzebras.com/ (we're getting Ed Hochuli's gang); most of his crew are made up of old crusty guys who usually call s**t straight up the middle (3 on Sunday's extended staff whom called the 49ers/Steelers game). -Most are Pete Morelli dudes (and they never screw us over).

-If anything, I think the AFC Championship might have a higher chance of being rigged/sloppy; the head official hasn't even served 5 years in the league as a referee, (and is one of the worst in the league).

Breath a sigh of relief, Don Carey isn't even being allowed to step one inch near post-season turf this year.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Jan 20, 2012 at 2:04 AM ]
Breath a sigh of relief, Don Carey isn't even being allowed to step one inch near post-season turf this year.

Mike Carey? Or is Don Carey a different ref?

Anyway, i f**kin hate Mike Carey!

Edit: oooh ok i know who Don Carey is now, i gues they're brothers, but yeah, that dude's a dumbass.
[ Edited by DaDivaRecieva15 on Jan 20, 2012 at 2:08 AM ]
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Mike Carey? Or is Don Carey a different ref?

Anyway, i f**kin hate Mike Carey!

LOL yeah, that's the guy hahaha, keep wanting to call him "Don" for some reason lately... but yeah, he wasn't even allowed to be a line judge this post-season!
Share 49ersWebzone