LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 282 users in the forums

49ers/Giants get Ed Hochuli

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Breath a sigh of relief, Don Carey isn't even being allowed to step one inch near post-season turf this year.

Mike Carey? Or is Don Carey a different ref?

Anyway, i f**kin hate Mike Carey!

LOL yeah, that's the guy hahaha, keep wanting to call him "Don" for some reason lately... but yeah, he wasn't even allowed to be a line judge this post-season!

Well, there is a Don Carey too, he's the brother of Mike lol.
i hope we can pull away from them a little so it doesnt come down to a bad call or two to decide a game like this.
Giants fans are a little worried, cause although Hochuli has been one of the fairest guys in the NFL (probably the best guy we could ask for), Ed calls offensive holding on teams almost 90% of the time, and the Giants have been in trouble for already committing 7 offensive holding penalties thus far in the post-season. -Not to mention as a whole, the Giants have committed at least more offensive-line related penalties than any other team in the playoffs (amidst the regular season).
Maybe they will actually call some holding calls against the giants ol bc they sure didn't against the saints........note to refs......when a d lineman has his gut showing or undershirt like Justin smith did a few times.....that's holding
I'm sure the NFL reeeeally wanted Arizona, Seattle, Carolina etc...

While I'm not saying leagues don't have a hand in some results for the sake of ratings, it's the Super Bowl...

Do you really think the league will make less money on a Pats/Niners Super Bowl? San Francisco actually has a large fan base already in place in the US, Canada and Mexico.

If I was a Ravens fan, though...I would be worried.
I actually appreciate how the refs lets us just play some football last weekend. Especially that sweet helmet-->helmet hit by Whitner on Pierre..
If the Ravens win, I think we will get some breaks by the refs. If the Pats win...Watch out.
Originally posted by carioca49er:
I actually appreciate how the refs lets us just play some football last weekend. Especially that sweet helmet-->helmet hit by Whitner on Pierre..

Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I reviewed this Sunday's staff at http://www.footballzebras.com/ (we're getting Ed Hochuli's gang); most of his crew are made up of old crusty guys who usually call s**t straight up the middle (3 on Sunday's extended staff whom called the 49ers/Steelers game). -Most are Pete Morelli dudes (and they never screw us over).

-If anything, I think the AFC Championship might have a higher chance of being rigged/sloppy; the head official hasn't even served 5 years in the league as a referee, (and is one of the worst in the league).

Breath a sigh of relief, Don Carey isn't even being allowed to step one inch near post-season turf this year.
Nice insight to what I thought was a silly question.
  • Pick6
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JayDAche:

agreed... They let the players play, Whitners hit wasn't illeagle, but there are some refs who might have called it because it was such a vicious hit. They let some stuff go on both sides... there was a helmet to helmet hit on Alex that wasn't called on a Roman sack either, but as long as its called the same both ways... swallowing the whistle is just fine with me!!

The Saints played the entire game without a penalty last week which is insane. They were holding the entire game. Thats my only complaint with the ref's so far.

The 9er secondary played tight coverage all game and I was surprised they didn't get flagged for PI on a couple of those plays.

So if they call it like last week I'll be ok with that............. with exception to the holding.......
[ Edited by kemp_j on Jan 20, 2012 at 8:10 AM ]
Good winning teams do enough to beat their oppenent and the bad calls. Refs like all of us screw up you have to be good enough to overcome their screwups.
as long as its not the refs who did the Packers/giants game then it will be somewhat fair. I was pissed to see refs making bogus calls even if i didnt like any of the teams
That hit was completely legal
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Anyone who thinks the NFL fixes games in the play-offs to create more intriguing match ups is crazy. You really think everyone involved could keep their mouth shut? Referees have other jobs and the top ones I think make $100,000 a year. You could get 5x that selling your story to the Enquirer about how the commissioner told everyone who he wanted to win each game.
Share 49ersWebzone