LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

49ers/Giants get Ed Hochuli

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Axl49:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
He's gotten better, but the only problem I have is that Mike Carey will be on his staff this weekend, that guy hates us with all his heart (barely made it out of that Lions game because of him).

Black guy right?

that's racist
Originally posted by BobS:
Anyone who thinks the NFL fixes games in the play-offs to create more intriguing match ups is crazy. You really think everyone involved could keep their mouth shut? Referees have other jobs and the top ones I think make $100,000 a year. You could get 5x that selling your story to the Enquirer about how the commissioner told everyone who he wanted to win each game.

Yeah mabey. But If they talk they might also become fish food real quick. No way to really know.
Originally posted by Pick6:
Originally posted by JayDAche:
Originally posted by carioca49er:
I actually appreciate how the refs lets us just play some football last weekend. Especially that sweet helmet-->helmet hit by Whitner on Pierre..

agreed... They let the players play, Whitners hit wasn't illeagle, but there are some refs who might have called it because it was such a vicious hit. They let some stuff go on both sides... there was a helmet to helmet hit on Alex that wasn't called on a Roman sack either, but as long as its called the same both ways... swallowing the whistle is just fine with me!!

Yeah, whitner's hit was legal. You can't call helmet to helmet on the ball carrier.
Originally posted by Canadian49er:
Do you really think the league will make less money on a Pats/Niners Super Bowl? San Francisco actually has a large fan base already in place in the US, Canada and Mexico.

And Europe. Over here in England we have loads and loads of 9er fans in their early 40s (Exhibit A speaking here) who grew up idolising Montana, Rice, Lott & gang. The Dolphins, Bears, Redskins and, admittedly, Giants also have followers because of the same reason. Then there are the holiday and college destination factors. Lots of good universities in California, Boston, NY etc. As for holidays, NY, California and Florida are obvious destinations. I think they did a popularity poll a few years back over here and the ranking was Dolphins, Bears, 49ers, and that's the reason they chose all of them as "home" teams for the first few Wembley matches.

I expect the refs to be fair. Blind but fair . I am more afraid of BS pass interference and roughing the passer calls - they always annoy me to death even when I'm a neutral, and the 9ers tend to be in the short end of the majority of them. Hochuli actually is one of my least favourite refs (like Carey) because he wants to be on TV all the time and so is more flag happy then others. I prefer that older dude with the glasses (what's his name again?).
if anything they should WANT us back in the bowl.. we're like the celtics and the lakers.. we're meant to be there
It wont come down to the refs. 9ers are going to demolish the giants.
Originally posted by Pick6:
Originally posted by JayDAche:
Originally posted by carioca49er:
I actually appreciate how the refs lets us just play some football last weekend. Especially that sweet helmet-->helmet hit by Whitner on Pierre..

agreed... They let the players play, Whitners hit wasn't illeagle, but there are some refs who might have called it because it was such a vicious hit. They let some stuff go on both sides... there was a helmet to helmet hit on Alex that wasn't called on a Roman sack either, but as long as its called the same both ways... swallowing the whistle is just fine with me!!

They had to let that hit go after the atrocious PI call that kept their drive alive and gave them a free 30 yards.
worry much?
Originally posted by Mikey_Westside:
He's gotten better, but the only problem I have is that Mike Carey will be on his staff this weekend, that guy hates us with all his heart (barely made it out of that Lions game because of him).

Black guy right?

that's racist

Originally posted by andes14:
Originally posted by Mikey_Westside:

Black guy right?

that's racist

Non-white guy right?

I used to work in the same office as one of Hochuli's linesman. It's too bad I don't anymore. I would have asked him for some favorable spots this Saturday.
Originally posted by wysiwyg:

Ed the Gun Show is at the Cow Palace so go there instead of Candlestick, ok
Beach is over there
this isnt the nba bro
the giants have been getting raped by the referees. I hope this game it swings the other way.
Originally posted by socalfan21:
this isnt the nba bro

exactly

Share 49ersWebzone