LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 303 users in the forums

49ers/Giants get Ed Hochuli

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • dwett
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
He's gotten better, but the only problem I have is that Mike Carey will be on his staff this weekend, that guy hates us with all his heart (barely made it out of that Lions game because of him).

how the f**k did Carey get a postseason assignment? that dude is trash.
Agreed, Im sorry I love the NFL but this season has proven they need full time refs that get paid well and get fired based on poor performance.
Originally posted by dwett:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
He's gotten better, but the only problem I have is that Mike Carey will be on his staff this weekend, that guy hates us with all his heart (barely made it out of that Lions game because of him).

how the f**k did Carey get a postseason assignment? that dude is trash.
Agreed, Im sorry I love the NFL but this season has proven they need full time refs that get paid well and get fired based on poor performance.

i agree; worst officiating i've ever seen this year. consistently bad. was really surprised that the refs let everyone play during the NO game.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by wysiwyg:

Ed the Gun Show is at the Cow Palace so go there instead of Candlestick, ok

lol at him for ordering a small size ref shirt to make his arms look even bigger.
There were only 3 penalties in the niners/saints game.... I don't think the saints had a single penalty all game.

perfect game for the officials if you ask me. Didn't even notice them.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
The saints had an illegal block in the back penalty on the kickoff fumble that got declined because we recovered the fumble.
ed HERCULES is going to rock the stick with his officiating.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
he f**ked up the broncos raiders game
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

i thought it was don? carey, (probably a relative of mike's). don't think it's like baseball where they can put together an all-star calibre officiating crew for a playoff game, with several head referees (the guys in the white caps) constituting the crew....they may take like the best back judge, side judge, linesman and head ref from all the crews (based on their performance in the season) and put them all together but i dont think the NFL would have head refs officiating out of position as assistant officials like that

Also, NFL hiring full time officiating crews (hopefully soon) will negate having to do this for the playoffs
Originally posted by susweel:
lol at him for ordering a small size ref shirt to make his arms look even bigger.

That's an XL. His arms are that big. Trial lawyer too. Flexes the jury into submission. Badass.

And yes, it will be Ed and an "all star crew", not his normal crew. Let 'em play!
I think Ed Hochuli is an excellent official, the Denver game notwithstanding....certainly one of the better officials in the NFL.

Carey is very good too so I don't really have a problem with either one.

Hopefully, their will be very few bad calls on Sunday...

I actually dont really care who the ref is, as long as the zebras let both sides play
Originally posted by REDx85xGOLD:
I actually dont really care who the ref is, as long as the zebras let both sides play

Do you remember the 5 yards they gave us for no reason in that game? lol
And btw, people way overblow the whole deal with his arms. They're not THAT big. He's clearly cut, and he clearly works out, but no one's gonna be confusing them for like Schwarzenegger's or David Boston's or Michael Pittman's anytime soon...
Originally posted by susweel:

lol
Share 49ersWebzone