There are 219 users in the forums

49ers/Giants get Ed Hochuli

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The 49ers and Giants will have Ed Hochuli as their head ref for the championship game. How do you guys all feel about ed?

• THEB
  • Veteran
He said offense instead of offsides

offense offsides...sounds almost the same. no big deal. i like him as a ref.
Yea I like him too. He has a couple mess ups, but I still think he's one of the better officials out there.

Just letting you all know to expect the muscles on Sunday.
He's gotten better, but the only problem I have is that Mike Carey will be on his staff this weekend, that guy hates us with all his heart (barely made it out of that Lions game because of him).
  • dwett
  • Veteran
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for dwett.
When I heard this all I could think about is muscles.......... Time to check my Man Card
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I bet he's gonna call a lot of penalties so he can get more TV time for his big arms.
Originally posted by susweel:
I bet he's gonna call a lot of penalties so he can get more TV time for his big arms.

show off
He normally lets the players play in big games, except on pass interference
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
He's gotten better, but the only problem I have is that Mike Carey will be on his staff this weekend, that guy hates us with all his heart (barely made it out of that Lions game because of him).

oh hell no not mike carey!!!!!!!!! i remember that lions game, we were still playing while the late games were heading into the 2nd quarter due to him slowing the game down with all those penalties

i thought it was don? carey, (probably a relative of mike's). don't think it's like baseball where they can put together an all-star calibre officiating crew for a playoff game, with several head referees (the guys in the white caps) constituting the crew....they may take like the best back judge, side judge, linesman and head ref from all the crews (based on their performance in the season) and put them all together but i dont think the NFL would have head refs officiating out of position as assistant officials like that
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Jan 19, 2012 at 4:58 PM ]

Originally posted by susweel:

EXACTLY THIS. He calls a lot of fouls and i view him as someone who loves to be in the spotlight. He calls too many penalties either side of the ball. hes one of the refs i wish would just let them play
[ Edited by jcashen87 on Jan 19, 2012 at 4:52 PM ]
  • MuggD
  • Veteran

Oh f**k you're right! That guy really hates us.

how the f**k did Carey get a postseason assignment? that dude is trash.
Don Carey I thought was on Hochuli's staff?

Ed the Gun Show is at the Cow Palace so go there instead of Candlestick, ok
Share 49ersWebzone