There are 213 users in the forums

Did I HEAR correctly Jerry Rice?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by hateroids84:
I know many of you consider it Blasphemy to compare any QB to Joe Montana. Jerry Rice is the greatest football player ever and my favorite 49er of all time. His opinion of Brady being better sucks, but is not crazy. Definitely dont like people disrespecting Jerry on this board right now

I don't see any disrespect to Rice as a player. Only as a commentator, which seems quite fair.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
It's a realistic discussion. Brady just put up 5100+ yards and holds the most passing TDs in a season right? Montana never put up numbers like that and has 1 more Super Bowl than Brady. If Brady wins 1 more he'd be the greatest in my book.
Him and Steve Young's banter on ESPN is just turrible.
Originally posted by Ether:
It's a realistic discussion. Brady just put up 5100+ yards and holds the most passing TDs in a season right? Montana never put up numbers like that and has 1 more Super Bowl than Brady. If Brady wins 1 more he'd be the greatest in my book.

Your book doesn't take into account Brady's lost Super Bowl.

Montana didn't have the tuck rule and various other rules put in place to protect him. Brady gets breathed on, 15 yard penalty. Montana also led his team down to score a TD for wins... Brady hasn't done much since losing the SB Winning Kicker.

Brady is the greatest of the modern era... but not all time.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
He's just a name.
Brady sucks, lol..you'll see when he plays the Ravens..:D. *I hope*

Ya, he almost broke Steve Young's record for the most TD's in a play-off game..not sure why he didn't, but that's because the Denver D was soooo awful..really, they need to really just revamp almost that entire team.
Pssshh... he's not even better than Tony Montana!

Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
Pssshh... he's not even better than Tony Montana!

Hey Giants...... Say hello to my little friend!
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

Montana didn't have the tuck rule and various other rules put in place to protect him. Brady gets breathed on, 15 yard penalty. Montana also led his team down to score a TD for wins... Brady hasn't done much since losing the SB Winning Kicker.

Brady is the greatest of the modern era... but not all time.

Great Point Montana didn't need a kicker to win SB's like Brady has and the League helps the QB alot now a days with these calls. Montana use to get injured because of late hits etc. Game has changed and just cause Statistically your better don't mean you are ask Marino & Brees that!

Didn't he also call Brandon Jacobs soft? Heard that on the Rome show today.
brady doesnt have the heart that Montana did! Montana's career was like a movie
Originally posted by English:
Better than Nick Montana? Could be.

Hahaha! Excatly!
Originally posted by pelos21:
Didn't he also call Brandon Jacobs soft? Heard that on the Rome show today.

Yea he did call him soft his play at least LOL
Originally posted by krizay:
He said Montana is the best but if Brady wins this superbowl he'll be right there with Montana. But think Brady will win one more which puts him ahead of Montana.

1 more playoff win and Brady ties Montana for most ever.
If this is what he said I don't have much of an argument against it. "Right there with him" is ok with me. Can't argue against that many Super Bowls.
Share 49ersWebzone