There are 215 users in the forums

Did I HEAR correctly Jerry Rice?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I've heard him say that he wishes he played in this NE system. If a guy like Wes Welker has ridiculous numbers imagine what Jerry could have put up.
Originally posted by valrod33:
I am not Valrod. Someone has hijacked my computer and is faking it.

Better than Montana? "Who do you trust, ME, that's who! Who put this offense together, ME, that's who. I kill the cock-a-roaches!"
Anyone remember Rice's acceptance speech into the Hall of Fame? How he got a job as an analyst is beyond me. Still my second favorite player of all time, just sayin.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Jerry Rice selling out to keep his job as commentator.

lol. he's pretty terrible at it.
If Tom Brady wins the championship, he would be on the same level as Joe Montana in terms of championship success and overall dominance.

But he could also lose in the Super Bowl to Alex Smith , permanently placing him below Montana. Montana always won the big one .
Originally posted by okdkid:
I really don't care about Jerry Rice's opinions on football. He was a great player, not a great analyst.

yeah he's pretty lame on tv. he can't really talk without stopping to gather his thoughts and always misspeaks.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
If Tom Brady wins the championship, he would be on the same level as Joe Montana in terms of championship success and overall dominance.

But he could also lose in the Super Bowl to Alex Smith , permanently placing him below Montana. Montana always won the big one .

Plus Brady has already lost a Super Bowl! Joe never lost when he got there.
Brady > Montana in regular season

Brady < Montana in the Postseason

Brady Montana, Brady Montana, Brady Montana...
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Montana DIDNT LOSE in super bowl PERIOD. No ints either. Next!
Originally posted by krizay:
He said Montana is the best but if Brady wins this superbowl he'll be right there with Montana. But think Brady will win one more which puts him ahead of Montana.

1 more playoff win and Brady ties Montana for most ever.

I love Steve Young but Montana should have been on the 92 team, and I think we would have beaten Dallas with Joe playing. Oh well. Joe is still the greatest don't give a s..t what Tom boy does...... Ok I do go Ravens.
[ Edited by Husker49er on Jan 19, 2012 at 11:15 AM ]
Originally posted by sixbricks:

I know many of you consider it Blasphemy to compare any QB to Joe Montana. Jerry Rice is the greatest football player ever and my favorite 49er of all time. His opinion of Brady being better sucks, but is not crazy. Definitely dont like people disrespecting Jerry on this board right now
[ Edited by hateroids84 on Jan 19, 2012 at 11:40 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone