There are 154 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

who do the 49ers match up better against-Patriots or Ravens?

Beating Brady might be fun, but only if we actually beat him. Yes, we beat Brees, but barely, with home field advantage, 5 turnovers etc. It was a very tough game, and I'd rather not have a heart attack during the Super Bowl. We obviously have trouble covering good TE's with great quarterbacks throwing to them, the Patriots have two good TE's and a quarterback just as good as Brees.

We lost to the Ravens at their place. In a neutral location, they are not half as scary. DEFINITELY would rather face the Ravens. Although I would rather BEAT the Patriots.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Jan 17, 2012 at 2:01 AM ]
I want the hoodie
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Beating Brady might be fun, but only if we actually beat him. Yes, we beat Brees, but barely, with home field advantage, 5 turnovers etc. It was a very tough game, and I'd rather not have a heart attack during the Super Bowl. We obviously have trouble covering good TE's with great quarterbacks throwing to them, the Patriots have two good TE's and a quarterback just as good as Brees.

We lost to the Ravens at their place. In a neutral location, they are not half as scary. DEFINITELY would rather face the Ravens. Although I would rather BEAT the Patriots.
This.
With this defense we match up well against any one. Bring them on! No Fear.
We get to play the Pats next year in the regular season so they can wait. I want THE RAVENS!!!
omgggg i dont care!!! we are not playing them if we lose to the Giants.. ive noticed i dont know if its coincedence or what, but when the message boards are all our teams gonna win and looking onto the next game they lose... Happened to the steelers/giants/saints/detroits message boards this year.. very interesting.
Come on. Let's beat the Giants first. Giants are going to be tough
I think the Patriots because they have not beat a team with a winning record and they have a last place defense.
How satisfying would it be to see harbaugh beat Belicheck in the Super Bowl, slao him on the back afterwards and say better luck next year.
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
I unno. I rather face the Ravens than the Patriots. The Patriots will score 30 on our D and the Ravens at the max would score 17. I rather take my chances on the Ravens than the Patriots. Plus the Ravens don't have Tom terrific.

Rather they play the Ravens........... Playing Brady and the Patriots would be like playing Breez and the Saints again.......
The Pats! Beating the Patriots would be awesome after all the comparisons of Brady to Montana and Belib***h to Walsh.
  • BMHo
  • Veteran
One at a time guys... One at a time...
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by HoneyBadger49er:
Talk to me on Monday

AFC Championship will be over by then

I'd have to say the Ravens. We saw them once and despite a horrible performance we were actually in the game points wise.

For all the talk about the Saints, the Patriots offense with Gronkowski is pretty scary. If you think Jimmy Graham is hard to defend, Gronkowski is like trying to defend a TREE.
Patriots by far..... Worst D in the NFL..... although i wouldnt mind a re-match with the Ravens lol