There are 158 users in the forums

What 49er player(s) have changed your opinion of them this season, EXCEPT ALEX SMITH

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by FGore2121:
did anyone have the 49ers taking Aldon Smith with their 1st pick of the draft?

Not me, but I liked the pick.

the positive results from the rookies
Originally posted by FGore2121:
did anyone have the 49ers taking Aldon Smith with their 1st pick of the draft?

Most had other guys who were taken prior listed as choice #1, Peterson and Miller were the big names at that time.
For me. Michael Crabtree. He's proved to be a team player and has turned into a legit #1 WR.
Originally posted by TheChozen:
For me. Michael Crabtree. He's proved to be a team player and has turned into a legit #1 WR.

I think he needs to have a big game in either the Championship game or the SB to really turn it around. He's had a good few games but he dropped a couple passes the other day he should have caught and he only really came good when Morgan went out. He was a 1st round pick, a high one at that, and i think he really needs to do something special Sunday or Feb 5th (if we make it there) for me to really turn round and say this is the guy.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Goldson
Brown
A. Davis

i swear me and my fam call these things.. i would bad mouth singeltary because of how terrible of a coach i knew he was and how he was holding us back.. i would back up anthony davis because like that one time he punched i think it was haynesworth? on the redskins cause he grabbed his "junk" and how he just has the attitude to back up his stuff. same with goldson, he was hard hitting and made great plays, would cost a few sometimes but i cant recall a safety who hasnt.. Tarrell brown, hmm i was still yelling at Dre Bly.
Bowman was the biggest revelation for me. Frankly, I was a bit worried about him over the off season as he didn't look particularly fast last season and he was prone toward episodes of really boneheaded play. As it turned out, that seeming lack of speed was a function of hesitation, not a lack of natural speed. He's really turned into something amazing and is every bit as disciplined as Willis.

I'd like to say Crabtree, but we've seen this before. He repeatedly gets hot as the season progresses. Granted some of this is (sorta) out of his control due to injury and the lockout, but I really can't put him on this list until we get a solid, complete off season out of him and he comes out of the gates firing on all cylinders in week one.

I think Dashon Goldson is also worth mentioning for progress made within the season. At the start of the season he was prone to make really dumb decisions and engage in post-whistle knuckleheaded-ness. To his credit, he's learned to hit lower and he's wrapping up a bit more than just merely hitting people. Knock on wood, his post-whistle antics seem to be a thing of the past, minus one notable relapse. He's made solid improvements throughout the season and richly deserves his Pro-Bowl nod.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
TBrown- i never really give UDFAs much respect, esp. if they havent been in the league for at least 4 years but this guy is straight up ballin this year. He is really making me rethink drafting a corner in the 1st

Issac Sopoaga- I didnt think he would be able to man down the middle but he proved me wrong.

Dashon GOldson- i dont even need to say anything about Goldson but smack myself in the face for thinking we didnt need him

brown was not an udfa
Originally posted by cory4903:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
TBrown- i never really give UDFAs much respect, esp. if they havent been in the league for at least 4 years but this guy is straight up ballin this year. He is really making me rethink drafting a corner in the 1st

Issac Sopoaga- I didnt think he would be able to man down the middle but he proved me wrong.

Dashon GOldson- i dont even need to say anything about Goldson but smack myself in the face for thinking we didnt need him

brown was not an udfa

Originally posted by 49ERFANb4Uwas:

Did anyone here ever think he'd have a better year than polamalu, clay Matthews, revis, Harrison and Patrick Willis?!

Yes. I just didn't think he'd actually get the credit for it.

Share 49ersWebzone