Originally posted by stepnez:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by BobS:
Gore ...Craig fumbles away 3-peats

this
I cannot believe all the Craig did to help the team win and people keep bringing up the fumble. We had a measly 240 yards of offense that game, the loss was not all on Roger.
His job was simple. Hold on to the ball we win and then go on and knock the s**t out of Buffalo in the Superbowl

You simply cannot fumble in that situation. Im sorry I can never forgive him for that.

sarcasm...right?

nope
Originally posted by okdkid:
As a RB, Craig is inferior to Gore.

Gore is the best RB to ever wear a 49ers jersey.

this

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by zillabeast:

After that game Eddie D said Craig will never wear a niner jersey again and he was right.
Gire's got desire!

But Croig's got 'roids!
After that game Eddie D said Craig will never wear a niner jersey again and he was right.

IIRC, he at least signed him to a 1-day contract in the '94 preseason.... ....then retired his ass
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i do not recall that. I remember them saying that about elvis! The year of the fumble was also the year that all niner fans were moaning that the niners were winning ugly and not blowing folks out like they did the year before. Kind of reminds me of this year in a way you know. anyway it was clear that craig was at the end of the road, he had a bad year and was old and slow, kind of like how tim mcdonald and ken norton jr ended up but we never rip them do we now
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
FRINK GIRE is beast but I'd take Rozer Crag in an instant.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
delvin williams, wilbur jackson and ken willard were not bad either
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by cciowa:
i do not recall that. I remember them saying that about elvis! The year of the fumble was also the year that all niner fans were moaning that the niners were winning ugly and not blowing folks out like they did the year before. Kind of reminds me of this year in a way you know. anyway it was clear that craig was at the end of the road, he had a bad year and was old and slow, kind of like how tim mcdonald and ken norton jr ended up but we never rip them do we now

they never cost us a three peat.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
they never cost us a three peat.
it would have been nice to be in the position to play for the three peat but you have no clue if steve young would have pulled it off,, listen i was as mad as you at the time. i kicked the tv and yelled at my girlfriends son and she was lucky it was not the other way around it took me a long time but i was able to let it go. by the way back to the original post, sorry,, but in his prime no one could come close to roger craig, i vote craig. i think he made a s**tty movie after he retired?
I say, play action to Frank Gire, then throw the slant to Gary Rice! Crampionship!
Originally posted by stepnez:
Originally posted by BobS:
Gore ...Craig fumbles away 3-peats

this
I cannot believe all the Craig did to help the team win and people keep bringing up the fumble. We had a measly 240 yards of offense that game, the loss was not all on Roger.
His job was simple. Hold on to the ball we win and then go on and knock the s**t out of Buffalo in the Superbowl

You simply cannot fumble in that situation. Im sorry I can never forgive him for that.

sarcasm...right?

nope

this that mistake was un-forgiveable
I would prefer Grog...but only after they play the game....makes me sleepy.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by okdkid:
As a RB, Craig is inferior to Gore.

Gore is the best RB to ever wear a 49ers jersey.

this

i agree. if the question is which RB, in his prime, would be better for this team, its obviously Gore. Harbaugh loves the power running game and doesn't seem to give a s**t about dumping it off to the RB.

Craig would be awesome on this team too, I think, but Gore is still the embodiment of what Harbaugh wants to do with this team.
Share 49ersWebzone