LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 213 users in the forums

Where were you 30 years ago on january10th?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Watched the game @ home alone ( didn't want any distractions)I was the only football fan in my family, my dad was a futball nut. CHIVA'S. I remember stepping out of the house later and Silver Ave. was packed with cars full of fans leaving Candlestick horns blaring. Mission St. the same thing, cars full of people hanging out the windows waving 49er flags horn honking. The next day on my way to work there was a TV/CAMERA store on Montgomery St. VCR'rs were pretty new back then and they were replaying the entire game in the window all day long!This went on for weeks ( later they would alternate it with SB XVI ) it always drew a crowd!
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
I was balder than IWAS. Now the tables have turned.

You can kiss my hairy spot Saturday, if you're man enough to show. I'll be waiting in UB Section 26 Row C seat 5.

I'm man enough, just too broke.

You have the rest of the week to hook yourself on CL. Make money, get tickets. Mouthwash & tickets.

Woah, woah, woah. Slow down there. Let's just stick to what we do best. You hook, and I pimp. No point in role reversal when the clock is ticking.

You can kiss my hairy spot Saturday, if you're man enough to show. I'll be waiting in UB Section 26 Row C seat 5.

You have the rest of the week to hook yourself on CL. Make money, get tickets. Mouthwash & tickets.

Woah, woah, woah. Slow down there. Let's just stick to what we do best. You hook, and I pimp. No point in role reversal when the clock is ticking.

As long as Daddy gets his cut, ya'll can role reverse all night for all I care.
I just got off from working at Sears. Was racing home to watch the finish (watched the first 3 qrts at work:), hoped out of my car running in between apt buildings and heard a roar all over the apt building when "The Catch" was made.....Missed it by less than a minute....But, that is okay, I have watched it a million times since then:)
Wasn't born yet but, my whole family was at the game. UB Section 16!
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

As long as Daddy gets his cut, ya'll can role reverse all night for all I care.

Hey you crazy crackhead! Come around here again acting all twitchy and weird, and you'll be the one getting cut!
Too bad Lon Simmons didn't have the radio call. The Niners were on KCBS that year. I think it was Don Heinrick who announced for KCBS, but he was much more mild mannered than Simmons, who would have went through the roof.
i was 10 months old
[ Edited by lamontb on Jan 10, 2012 at 11:01 AM ]
Originally posted by BSofSF:
Too bad Lon Simmons didn't have the radio call. The Niners were on KCBS that year. I think it was Don Heinrick who announced for KCBS, but he was much more mild mannered than Simmons, who would have went through the roof.

I didnt even exsist 30 years ago......wasnt born till 83'

I was in tbe Beer Garden in Squaw Valley getting toasted and partying with some very fine people.
I was watching the game with some friends(all 9er fans). I had been a 9ers fan for about 20 years and had alot of frustrating years and figured well the Cowboys are going to do it again. I was at the game on Oct 11 and watched the 9ers beat the Cowboys 45-14 and I went to the game in a car with 5 Cowboy fans. Man was that a great ride home. I figured that we beat them so bad in Oct. that they had our number. When the drive started I couldn't believe it. After the Catch I went crazy and as another poster had said that people were honking their horns and going nuts. After thinking about the game again I recall that that was about the time in my life that my Doctor told me that I should start taking medication for my blood pressure if I was to remain a 49ers fan. Been taking pills ever since then. I'm hoping that this Sat. they pull off another catch and shock the world again
I was born in '91. But for Christmas this year, my mom bought be a plaque with a photo taken from the game of Dwight Clark making the catch. It has a plate in the center of it that says "NFC Championship, January 10, 1982 Joe Montana to Dwight Clark The Catch that started it all." and on the bottom is a ticket from the actual game. Section 52 Row 9 Seat 15. The Ticket price plus tax on the ticket was $20.00. Its pretty much the coolest gift I've ever gotten.
4 months old. My dad says he was supposed to change me but he wanted to finish the drive. My mom got pissed at him and tried to take me to get changed, but he made her stop and said "He needs to see this."
Junior high. Watched game with dad...great memory
Share 49ersWebzone