There are 216 users in the forums

Where were you 30 years ago on january10th?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BSofSF:
Candlestick Park, Section 29, Row 4, Seat 4. Best spectator sports memory of my life. We swarmed the field after the game and helped carry Ronnie Lott off the field on our shoulders.

its too bad you cant swarm the field as fans anymore. ):
I was born ! a few hours old !
  • Timma
  • Veteran
2 years old. Didn't care!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I was trying to remind a room full of screaming Niner fans that there was still 1:30 left in the game and it wasn't over. And, I was right. The game didn't end with that catch. It ended with a horse-collar touchdown saving tackle by Eric Wright and a fumble by Danny White. They almost came right back on us. Almost nobody seems to remember that.
good job, I forgot about that. I had a heart attack watching that. There is a real good book out about that game and the catch and how the fortunes of two teams were changed that day! thank you for all the good response to this post
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
hanging with jesus.
tebow?
6 years old. I remember watching the game and winning but had no idea of the significance. Obviously didn't know the history, prior struggles, previosu games against the Cowboys. I just natually thought we won every game with Joe Montana as QB.
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
Originally posted by BSofSF:
Candlestick Park, Section 29, Row 4, Seat 4. Best spectator sports memory of my life. We swarmed the field after the game and helped carry Ronnie Lott off the field on our shoulders.

its too bad you cant swarm the field as fans anymore. ):

Agree. It was an unscripted eruption of euphoria. NFL would never let that happen today. One true, minor buzz kill. Went to shake Freddie Solomon's hand as he was running off the field and he said "Don't touch me, Mo**** Fu****." He was just being defensive, though. It was a chaotic mob scene and Solomon was actually a pretty small guy. I think I was taller as an 8th grader.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
watching the game with my dad at home in Tiburon
Originally posted by valrod33:

Look at the captivated expressions of the cops and the journalists. That's a great picture. Let's go Niners! The Saints can be beaten!

Upper Box
Section 12

IWAS 10years old, sitting with my Dad. My Grandparents and Great Aunt & Uncle were a few sections down. 1st ever "tears of joys."

I begged my dad to take me onto the field so I could help carry Ronnie too. (I eventually stormed the field my Sr. year in HS after we crushed Everrett and the lams n the NFC title game.)

Also, I remember when someone set off what only could have been an M-1000 in that area where the ambulance was parked (same north-east corner as The Catch, itself.) Not sure if it was before the game, or maybe even during a 2nd half timeout. Anyone there remember when that was set off?
[ Edited by IWASATTHECATCH on Jan 10, 2012 at 10:11 AM ]
I was balder than IWAS. Now the tables have turned.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

You can kiss my hairy spot Saturday, if you're man enough to show. I'll be waiting in UB Section 26 Row C seat 5.
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:

You can kiss my hairy spot Saturday, if you're man enough to show. I'll be waiting in UB Section 26 Row C seat 5.

I'm man enough, just too broke.
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:

I'm man enough, just too broke.

You have the rest of the week to hook yourself on CL. Make money, get tickets. Mouthwash & tickets.
Share 49ersWebzone