LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 343 users in the forums

Where were you 30 years ago on january10th?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I hadn't even become a thought.
[ Edited by JayDAche on Jan 11, 2012 at 8:30 PM ]
I was watching with my dad in our house in SF. I was a junior in high school and I almost punched a hole in our ceiling when I jumped out of the chair when Clark made The Catch.
I was living in san jose 10 years old still remember watching the catch with my family.move to texas at 22 so I hate the cowgirls.Went to see the browns vs. 9ers this season and visit some family in san jose GO 9 ERS #1 4 life
Off campus housing in Fullerton, CA. I was watching the game on a 13" TV in my room. After the game I shot off bottle rockets in celebration.
Originally posted by DrewBreeess:
I was sitting around, reflecting on a wonderful 4-12 season by the Saints. I remember thinking,"man, I bet there is a 2 year old in Texas somewhere that is gonna grow up and lead us to a Superbowl in 2010, 2012,20..,"

ESPN had a highlight segment on Tuesday about the Catch 30 years later with Chris Berman - is it online anywhere? I can't find it...
Originally posted by cciowa:
I thought this would be fun for all niners fans esp for us old timers. Tuesday Jan 10th is the 30th birthday of the catch. we all know the historical significance of it but I was wondering where you were when it happened?Were you alive, were you at the game? were you watching on tv? i was stranded in a snow storm in fort dodge iowa with a bunch of buddies who were just football fans. I was 21 about to turn 22 and to this day it is hard to describe the feeling i had. It was like the stench of the joe thomas and oj simpson era had just vanished in one crazy moment. feel free to have at it!

i remember at some point hearing john madden say montana could be tackled for a safety as he ran off the field with the ball at the end. was this days later ? anybody else recall this?
i was not even a twinkle in my dad's eye as he would say
Not even a dirty thought in my dad's head.
I was at Incirlik AB, Turkey on a 1-yr tour while in the USAF.

Share 49ersWebzone