There are 65 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is our offense capable of putting up 28+ points?

Is our offense capable of putting up 28+ points?

they wont put that much on us
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Umm... the 49ers average 28 points at home.
I see no reason why we wouldn't be able to achieve at least 28 points.
Yes, we can score more than 28 points, and yes we can hold the Saints to less than 28 points too.

I think the key to this game is not far behind. The Saints are 2 dimensial and if they're up they'll get you on playaction plays because they can run the football.
Who Dat!!!!! I dont think there is a team that can hold us when we are on but do understand its any given Sunday. May the best team win.. WHO DAT......
Originally posted by suburbann:
Who Dat!!!!! I dont think there is a team that can hold us when we are on but do understand its any given Sunday. May the best team win.. WHO DAT......

WE DAT. GTFO.
Originally posted by Ninerman49:
We are the worst in the league when it comes to big plays. Even if we stop the saints a decent amount of times I still see them scoring around 28 points. Do you think our offense could put up that much in return? Do you think we will see alex finally taking more shots downfield?

The truth is. I feel we will be in a position where drew brees willl have the ball with 1:30 left and a chance to win it like last time... :(

We avg'd 28 pts a game at home this season
If Tebow can put up 28+ against the #1 D in Pittsburgh, well...
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

If Rothlisberger had been healthy......Pitt wins that game. It shouldn't have gone into OT. Pitt had a better chance of beating NE than Denver will.

Go Niners!
Originally posted by Baldie:

If Rothlisberger had been healthy......Pitt wins that game. It shouldn't have gone into OT. Pitt had a better chance of beating NE than Denver will.

Go Niners!

I guess with that said, the Niners should have lost as well
Lets not all think ahead of ourselves now. Some things we have on our side:

1) Candlestick crowd
2) Only one game lost at home
3) #1 redzone defense, #1 rushing defense, #1 in INT's (I think)
4) Our running game is consistent and passing game is coming alive.
5) Alex takes care of the ball

Some things we need to be aware of:

1) We haven't faced a high-powered offense this season so this is a real TEST. Which helps if we make it to GB.
2) Secondary can be a little scary giving up big plays
3) Blitz heavy defense, so we will need to throw the ball quickly
Originally posted by Natewillis2252:
Originally posted by Baldie:

Go Niners!

I guess with that said, the Niners should have lost as well

No...was only talking about today's game. Denver doesn't have a defense that the Niners have.
Originally posted by gamechanger:
If we play ball control offense (of course with points), it limits Brees and company's chances for big plays and getting into a groove. It will also keep our defense fresh, so they can keep going after Brees and disrupt their timing.

This

Pittsburgh's #1 D didn't show up today.
Originally posted by aTx49er:
Pittsburgh's #1 D didn't show up today.

yup injuries