There are 137 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

WPXI Pittsburg: Source: Roman a Finalist for PSU Job--O'Brien to stay with Pats

Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Eric_Branch Eric Branch

#49ers OC Greg Roman was offered the Tulane job earlier this season and turned it down. Tulane hired Curtis Johnson


Penn State > Tulane
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Eric_Branch Eric Branch

#49ers OC Greg Roman was offered the Tulane job earlier this season and turned it down. Tulane hired Curtis Johnson


Penn State > Tulane

cuter boys
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Isn't Harbaugh in charge of the play-calling anyway?

If thats the case then why are teams looking to hire that fat f**k Roman for anything besides a pie eating contest.
@ susweel LMAO! I think its hard to really say to be quit honest, Roman calls the plays and Harbaugh relays them to Smith this much we know but how often has Harbaugh declined a play? I don't think anybody can answer that with certainty.
Losing Roman would hurt simply because he has a style that the teams has gotten used to, but let's be clear...

The SYSTEM won't change. This is why an Offensive Coach was hired. Harbaugh did not call the plays, but he was involved in the decision on each play. He had veto power. Roman said he would always have 2 or 3 options and Harbaugh would veto or agree on any play.

The system won't change. It'll only be the primary playcaller.

That is a big deal BTW, but it won't require Alex and the O to re-learn everything. Again.
I hope not. Losing another OC will not be good for Alex Smith. Considering what Alex Smith has had to deal with I can't see JH allowing Roman to be interviewed for any HC job for any team at this point. At this point I say fucc the rest of the league, and I wish they stop raiding our coaching staff whenever we have a good year. These teams need to take a page out of the 49ers playbook: do your homework, go find some freash blood with some fresh perspecives on coaching, and stay away from the retreads. I'm sure by now the 9ers front office and coaching staff has gotten a good whiff of the wages of high turn-over, and so should fans. Continuity among our coaching ranks is important to our continued resurgence back to the top. Now, I don't think Greg Roman is going anywhere. But if I were JH I'd guard all my coordinators jealously. Position coaches?, fine. But I wouldn't allow any team to interview any of our coordinators at all. This team has been down that road before so enough is enough.
[ Edited by 9ersLiferInChicago on Jan 2, 2012 at 12:56 PM ]
I personally dont mind losing Roman I dont think he is that good of a play caller and especially poor in the red zone.
The question is who do we replacing him with if he decides to take the job?
Only place I see Roman going to is the Colts if the draft Luck. Other then that he stays.
Originally posted by 190836:
The question is who do we replacing him with if he decides to take the job?

David Shaw
whats with these fools always going after our OC's??? is our offense that dominant and potent? i dont get it , how come they dont go after the packers OC or something , wtf...
better higher internaly then get cryst our qb coach
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
whats with these fools always going after our OC's??? is our offense that dominant and potent? i dont get it , how come they dont go after the packers OC or something , wtf...

This is why:
Roman's San Francisco offense finished 26th in total yards this season. However, he's added creativity to the run-first attack that was missing in previous seasons and the 49ers have taken better care of the football than any team this season. The 49ers offense committed only five interceptions and five fumbles and have gone the last 22 quarters without giving up the ball.
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/01/report-penn-state-eying-greg-roman-others.html
We are the A's of Offensive coordinators. We groom them. then they all leave.
[ Edited by 190836 on Jan 2, 2012 at 1:17 PM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,301
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by 190836:
The question is who do we replacing him with if he decides to take the job?

David Shaw

This wins
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for greywolf447.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
I hope not. Losing another OC will not be good for Alex Smith. Considering what Alex Smith has had to deal with I can't see JH allowing Roman to be interviewed for any HC job for any team at this point. At this point I say fucc the rest of the league, and I wish they stop raiding our coaching staff whenever we have a good year. These teams need to take a page out of the 49ers playbook: do your homework, go find some freash blood with some fresh perspecives on coaching, and stay away from the retreads. I'm sure by now the 9ers front office and coaching staff has gotten a good whiff of the wages of high turn-over, and so should fans. Continuity among our coaching ranks is important to our continued resurgence back to the top. Now, I don't think Greg Roman is going anywhere. But if I were JH I'd guard all my coordinators jealously. Position coaches?, fine. But I wouldn't allow any team to interview any of our coordinators at all. This team has been down that road before so enough is enough.

I agree with you but JH cannot deny any of his coordinators from interviewing for HC job unfortunately. I wish there was a 2 or 3 year limit were they have to stay with the team.