There are 58 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

WPXI Pittsburg: Source: Roman a Finalist for PSU Job--O'Brien to stay with Pats

Originally posted by toppdogg32:
Who would be a replacement if Roman leaves ?? and est. NFL guy (Norv Turner, Zampese, et al), or someone currently on Stanfords staff ??? Who you guyz think ?

Not to be an ass, but I think some of you guys are way too attached to names around here. Neither Norv or Zampese runs a west-coast offense. Why on earth would Coach Harbaugh even waste his (and their) time trying to make that work?
Wouldnt surprise me... Alex 8 years with 8 different Off cords.
Originally posted by Chico:
As long as we have Harbaugh, we should be fine. Maybe the new OC will cut Alex loose and open up the offense. Our offense this year, although productive, was lethargic and booooooooooring!!! (except the Philly game)

i like consistency and i would love to see our same coaching staff go through a offseason together even with our same OC as boring as it is.. We dont know what goes on behind the curtains and without a offseaon and the lockout preventing lots of interactions with players/coaches im not suprised that it has/was as boring as its been.. My only dilemma is if we get a new OC how much does that change our system or will harbaugh go after someone that is/likes to do what we are already doing.
Alright

Here we go:

1st year has been fun and challenging because of lockout. Great job by the players and organization. Wants to make a hard run at lombardi trophy

on PSU position: Agent was duped and was speaking off the record. Spoke with PSU/ had some discussions about a month ago. Conversations..mutual conversations. His focus is 100% on the 49ers.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
he's a goner.

lol?
Roman: PSU head coach is a lifetime job. Would never leave the position if he got it. Very unique opportunity. Since its back east

Loves the 49ers though. Isnt perfect (never is though). Lack of egos at the 49ers. He seems happy with the 49ers, but will jump at PSU if offered
Says he would be honored to be Penn State's coach. Calls Penn State "a lifetime job".

Sounds like he is a definite goner if he is offered.
horrible interviewer though
He basically said that his agent got dooped into saying that he was a finalist. All that he has done is interview with Penn State about a month ago. But he did go onto say that Penn State is a lifetime job, so if for some reason he was offered the job he would be there for life, but he loves the situation he is in now and the people he works with.

Sounds like he took both sides.
Originally posted by global_nomad:
He basically said that his agent got dooped into saying that he was a finalist. All that he has done is interview with Penn State about a month ago. But he did go onto say that Penn State is a lifetime job, so if for some reason he was offered the job he would be there for life, but he loves the situation he is in now and the people he works with.

Sounds like he took both sides.

Why is he interviewing during the season, no wonder our offense sucks big rhinoceros cocks.
PSU is appealing because of his family routes on the east coast

Asked if whether he would take a HC in NFL or HC in College. He went with the best fit answer.
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
Originally posted by Chico:
As long as we have Harbaugh, we should be fine. Maybe the new OC will cut Alex loose and open up the offense. Our offense this year, although productive, was lethargic and booooooooooring!!! (except the Philly game)

i like consistency and i would love to see our same coaching staff go through a offseason together even with our same OC as boring as it is.. We dont know what goes on behind the curtains and without a offseaon and the lockout preventing lots of interactions with players/coaches im not suprised that it has/was as boring as its been.. My only dilemma is if we get a new OC how much does that change our system or will harbaugh go after someone that is/likes to do what we are already doing.

I agree 100% with this. We have barely scratched the surface with this O...we run vanilla like boring plays, because it is effective, with a twist every now and then of a crazy formation/play...And so it begins another OC on his way out....But it is Harbaughs system, so for the most part I am releived, because we do have our Offensive minded coach.
if he takes this job it will be a big betrayal to Harbaugh IMO. I mean CMON.....where would he be without Harbaugh! i understand its a big opportunity but Harbaugh has done so much for him and he cant bail the first year in NFL, especially if we go to the SB
Its Harbaughs offense. Terminology and overall plan would not change.
Yeah. Of course I am sure there are confidentiality agreements in place and he can only say so much. I for one would love to see him stay here for a couple more years so we can establish the full offense and establish continutity in the coaching tree. It sounds like he isn't "seeking" the Penn State Job but they came calling. It's hard to turn something like that down. He sure seemed pretty honest about it not being imminent or completely serious.