LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 437 users in the forums

WPXI Pittsburg: Source: Roman a Finalist for PSU Job--O'Brien to stay with Pats

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Am I the only one who thinks it would easily be Tim Drevno elevated as OCoord? He was part of that stable of play callers Harbaugh had at Stanford with Roman and Shaw, right?
Originally posted by sfout:
This is an excerpt from ESPN Insiders Rumor section...

UPDATE:It seems like Penn State is looking hard at the pro coaches. Tom Dienhart of the Big Ten Network tweets that 49ers offensive coordinator Greg Roman is a serious candidate and interviewed for the position already.

"I have learned 49ers OC Greg Roman is a candidate for the Penn State job. He interviewed a month ago and recently talked again with PSU," he tweets.

----

Should it prove true who would you want to replace him? I found some viable names in the pro game and college, if you've got a write in candidate feel free to post.
Please refrain from sensationalist post titles!

There is no rumor that Roman is leaving the 49ers. The only story is that Roman is on a list of candidates for the PSU job. However, he is NOT the top candidate; New England's Bob O'Brien is. So don't go suggesting that Roman IS leaving. He has not even been approached with an offer.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by longtime49erfan:

UPDATE:It seems like Penn State is looking hard at the pro coaches. Tom Dienhart of the Big Ten Network tweets that 49ers offensive coordinator Greg Roman is a serious candidate and interviewed for the position already.

"I have learned 49ers OC Greg Roman is a candidate for the Penn State job. He interviewed a month ago and recently talked again with PSU," he tweets.

----

Should it prove true who would you want to replace him? I found some viable names in the pro game and college, if you've got a write in candidate feel free to post.

There is no rumor that Roman is leaving the 49ers. The only story is that Roman is on a list of candidates for the PSU job. However, he is NOT the top candidate; New England's Bob O'Brien is. So don't go suggesting that Roman IS leaving. He has not even been approached with an offer.

Oh
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
I have no preference other than towards Shaw, but he wants to stay at Stanford. Maybe once they go down the gutter after Luck leaves he'll be available a few years down the road, but not now.

He's not the 49ers CURRENT OC because of the Stanford job. He preferred it last year. Other than Luck leaving, I see no reason why a college HC would leave for an NFL Coordinators job.

Won't happen.

I know, which is why I said he prefers to stay at Stanford. If he wanted to be the OC, he'd have come up along with the rest of Harbaugh's coaching staff, but he said it himself last year, he wants to stay at Stanford for his whole coaching career. That said, I think he relies on Luck way too much, so I wouldn't be shocked to see him to available a few years down the road. Knowing how things go with niners' OCs, we'll probably have an open position then.

I know. I was supporting you. ;-)
Originally posted by longtime49erfan:

----

http://twitter.com/#!/BFeldmanCBS/status/153966045185572865
Roman impressed Vandy ppl a lot last yr RT @CasserlyCBS O'Brien-Won't be going to PennSt. Greg Roman (SF OC) has been interviewed.
Originally posted by posayshoohaa:
Am I the only one who thinks it would easily be Tim Drevno elevated as OCoord? He was part of that stable of play callers Harbaugh had at Stanford with Roman and Shaw, right?

Well, I'm not saying it would be a slam dunk, but definitely in the discussion.
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Quote:
SPORTSbyBROOKS SPORTSbyBROOKS

RT @RichieWalsh: From same Penn State source... Clements and Roman are finalists for #PSU job... Hearing OBrien wants to stay in NFL

Penn st. can continue burning in hell. f**k that school and program.

PSU should hire the GB guy: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12001/1200643-143.stm

In Harbaugh I trust.
lets hope Andy Reid gets fired and wants coach with us!

(f*ck you, a man can dream, cant he?!?!)
If Roman leaves, then f**k him. That's b******t how our OCs are always in the mix for HC jobs, every year, other than some coordinator that shouldn't have benn hired by the 49ers anyway. f**k that

Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by Jcool:
We have Harbaugh, doesn't matter what assistants we lose.

I liked Roman ever since I read that article how he uses CIA mind training on his players

Let me read it
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
If Roman leaves, then f**k him. That's b******t how our OCs are always in the mix for HC jobs, every year, other than some coordinator that shouldn't have benn hired by the 49ers anyway. f**k that

time for York to step up and make sure he doesn't go
Harbaugh someone he has worked with or for. Roman was a ? last year as he might have been hired as Stanford's head coach. The name that came up at that time was Bill Callahan. Harbaugh worked for him with the Raiders. The Jets would not allow him to move. This year he is a FA as he has not signed an extension with the jets.

Another name is Marc Trestman who also worked with Harbaugh with the Raiders.
WHERE THE f**k IS MARC TRESTMAN?

Also, why is Greg Olson an option? 49ers already had one Hostler, why would they want Tampa Bay's version?
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 2, 2012 at 3:13 PM ]
Originally posted by always49ers:
Harbaugh someone he has worked with or for. Roman was a ? last year as he might have been hired as Stanford's head coach. The name that came up at that time was Bill Callahan. Harbaugh worked for him with the Raiders. The Jets would not allow him to move. This year he is a FA as he has not signed an extension with the jets.

Another name is Marc Trestman who also worked with Harbaugh with the Raiders.

Check out Marc Trestman's record. Quarterbacks have had career years with the guy calling plays literally wherever he's been. I know the 49ers canned him after one season, but if you look at the numbers that season, the offense still did pretty well, they just didn't have s**t for RB's since Watters wasn't resigned.
Share 49ersWebzone