LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 203 users in the forums

A Season In Review and What The Future Holds

Shop Find 49ers gear online
So what's our record next year? We had a fairly easy schedule this year, got amazingly lucky with the turnover differential and won a ton of regular season close games. Just doesn't seem like that's all bound to happen again next year. I can easily see the same team go 9-7
We're the new San Diego Chargers... and we should be happy about that.
Originally posted by NickSh49:

oh hell no.

If we're striving to be the new Chargers, then we are in some serious trouble. All talent, and no heart. I don't think we're that team.
  • ace52
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MontanaSBGod:
Let see... Giants killed Green Bay but barely beat us. They needed our help. How many did they score last week?
New Orleans - Best offense in history, needed 2 lucky passes. But we stood toe to toe with them and won.

There are about 29 other teams that would like to be in our shoes.

KEY: We have to be better next year than we are this year. We have to improve all phases.

I totally agree.

Yes, right in the middle where you won't get better or worse. Lol

LOL don't you mean Atlanta Falcons?
Not a fluke. We played VERY good football this year. Our offensive struggles were understandable. There just is not enough receiving talent on that side of the ball. Get Alex some more toys to play with, and our offense will be much improved next year. Depending on our off-season moves, we should expect to be a Super Bowl contender.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

oh hell no.

You just proved you know nothing about football. Chargers are one of the most inconsistant teams and always under perform. The niners have played the most consistent football this year and are built for playoff success.
We are not a fluke. However the NFL changes every year with the draft, FA's and our FA losses.

Harbaugh is no joke, he had no offseason, installed a new playbook on both side of the ball and the team played 95% perfect. He maximized his players.

The team needs more weapons at WR, and big targets......a Calvin Johnson or AJ Green type of player, and more speed. A combination of both would be great.

A big bruising back that hits the hole hard.

Harbaugh will have this team playing well for years to come but other teams will be getting better too.

If they can keep the core and improve on what we have........we may have a better season next year, but you need a little luck too.

I'm so proud of the team, it's just a horrible way to lose.

Not a fluke, because we can do this again. Wait to we add more players in the free agency and draft! Like I said, who wouldn't want to play for Jim Harbaugh after the turn around journey he took his 49ers to ?
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

LOL don't you mean Atlanta Falcons?

They aren't any better. Would rather be the old Niners of the glory years.
Remember, it took Green Bay a few years to get back up to the top as well. 2005 they lost to Minnesota in the Wild Card came, in 2008, the first game in the Rodgers era, they lose to.........the NY Giants, 23-20, then in 2010 they lost to the Cardinals in the Wild Card, finally last year they broke through and got it done. I think it just takes time, it would have been great to win this year and I'm sure the 49ers would have given Brady Inc. a run for their money but there's also a lot to be positive about and happy with going into the future.

QB-Alex Smith/Colin Kaepernick
RB-Kendall Hunter
WR-Michael Crabtree
TE-Vernon Davis
OT-Joe Staley
OG-Mike Iupati
OT-Anthony Davis

DE-Ray McDonald
DT-Soap
DE-Justin Smith

OLB-Aldon Smith
ILB-Patrick Willis
ILB-Navorro Bowman

CB-Tarrell Brown
CB-Carlos Rogers(hopefully)

This team has a very strong core to build upon.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 22, 2012 at 11:01 PM ]
Could be a fluke for sure. We know the offense is always going to be amongst the leagues worst....and many of great defenses of the past have generally faltered when depended on that heavily.

I got to admit, I had to pinch myself the last 2 weeks, but then again, I am sure most of the rest of the nation sees us just the latest NFC West team to have a little cinderella fun like the Seahawks and Cardinals in years past
Originally posted by captveg:
They were competitive into the 4th quarter in all 18 games this year. That's not a fluke.

We were last year too
Share 49ersWebzone