There are 152 users in the forums

A Season In Review and What The Future Holds

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I see us going back in probably 2 years; by no shot are we gonna be an 'Atlanta Falcons' type of team that just gets there and does nothing year after year; we're putting the pieces together and learning.

I think it'll be interesting to see what happens with Kaepernick. A lot of people said he has all the tools to be an elite quarterback in the NFL if he can develop, so who knows what happens in another 2-3 years once he's ready to start the 49ers could have an epic situation at quarterback with an already terrific defense.
Originally posted by elguapo:
Bowe would be perfect

THIS.

I was really high on Bowe from the 2006 Draft. He was a man amongst boys.
What OP said is what I have to keep telling myself tonight if I ever want to fall asleep.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I see us going back in probably 2 years; by no shot are we gonna be an 'Atlanta Falcons' type of team that just gets there and does nothing year after year; we're putting the pieces together and learning.

I think it'll be interesting to see what happens with Kaepernick. A lot of people said he has all the tools to be an elite quarterback in the NFL if he can develop, so who knows what happens in another 2-3 years once he's ready to start the 49ers could have an epic situation at quarterback with an already terrific defense.

It's a very interesting situation. I though Alex could have solidified his status as the QB of the future if he won the Super Bowl. Now, the door is still open for Kaepernick to take over in 1-3 years if he proves to be the better player. It's a good problem to have. I like both of our QB's.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by goldstandard333:
Basically sign Dwayne Bowe or Stevie Johnson and draft a top WR.
I wish dbowe would come here but I don't see a chance in hell KC lets him leave lol. Without the QB issues they had he's a top 5 WR easily and if he goes who does cassel throw to? Same sorta deal with SJ, what other stars do they have on that offense that need to get paid?

But there are many good FAs, I'd love to get Morgan back then add one solid FA WR, then someone like Fleener for another huge TE target.

-V.jackson: Some animosity between ownership and him due to off field issues and injuries, and we wouldn't be too far of a move for him.
-R.Wayne: Amazing hands. Not sure why he wouldn't be a colt next season other than maybe age.
-D.Jackson: I know he gets lots of hate for his actions and people worry he'd screw with chemistry, but there's no doubting the talent and what his speed would bring to our offense, if no other solid #1's are available I'd take on this project.
-M.Colston: I'm sure they want him back but who wouldn't want him? Physical, good route runner.
-Meachem: Not sure Saints can afford to keep both of them, meachem is young but very talented.
Or maybe Garcon.

Anyway, That's a great list there.
If you think the latter, then why do you think we have playoff team for the next couple of years? Do you think that Harbaugh will win a Super Bowl here?
Originally posted by ninersbaby1:
i just dont see us getting back here it takes alot to get to an nfc champ game

You mean to say with an actual offseason & hopefully another good draft class that this team is goin to be worst..Wtf! I don't know if you notice but this team has been playing wit da big boys these last couple years. They jus didn't get da W's. We jus didn't have da right coach but know we do. Also our team is kinda young. I can easily see da niners being this years packers next year witout da blowouts, jus grind it out wins. Gooo nin-ners!
Not a fluke, but will be hard to repeat given the impending free agents that will leave the team.
depends on FA and the draft
Not fluke. We now know exactly where we're short - WRs.

Not a fluke. We're built solid. Strong defense, strong special teams, good oline, clutch qb and great coaches.
Originally posted by father49er:
Not fluke. We now know exactly where we're short - WRs.

Should have called T.O. Darn
  • Apone
  • Veteran
Fluke until proven otherwise.
Let see... Giants killed Green Bay but barely beat us. They needed our help. How many did they score last week?
New Orleans - Best offense in history, needed 2 lucky passes. But we stood toe to toe with them and won.

There are about 29 other teams that would like to be in our shoes.

KEY: We have to be better next year than we are this year. We have to improve all phases.
They were competitive into the 4th quarter in all 18 games this year. That's not a fluke.
Share 49ersWebzone