There are 80 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Resign Larry Grant?

Resign Larry Grant?

Originally posted by Oldschool9erfan:
I would love to have him back. Putting him on the outside is an interesting call for Brooks, but I don't think he would do as well on the outside. I don't think he has the speed to rush, but he looked good in coverage.

I think teams might go after him now but do they think of him as a starter, or just a back up who fills in well.

I think the Niners will try to keep him, plus he's playing for his hometeam.....he's from the city.

Yeah but I look at it like an assistant coach who has a chance to be a head coach, even if its a s**t job with a s**t team, its something you've wanted your whole life, someone will give Grant a great chance to be a starter whereas with the 49ers he basically has no chance.
  • mod
  • Veteran
I'd like to have him back... but we're stacked at that position and I think he's earned the right to a starting job somewhere in the NFL...

If he wants to stay cool, if not then good for him.
I'd like for Horace Grant to stay for his hometown team, but I'm fairly confident some other squad will offer him a starting position
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
I'd like for Horace Grant to stay for his hometown team, but I'm fairly confident some other squad will offer him a starting position

Maybe he can get back together with Scottie Pippen and Michael Jordan?
Grant is definitely worth keeping, however, Brooks has such power and goes up against lineman on every play. I don't think teams will break the bank for Grant, he was surrounded by all-pros and that makes a difference. If the price is right he'd be great to keep.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

Maybe he can get back together with Scottie Pippen and Michael Jordan?

LOL I call him Horace because he also sports his number 54
He can play all four LB positions and keep us @ a high level for a cheap price tag. Not to mention he's born and raised in the Bay, so he'd be stoked to stay. He still reps CCSF over Ohio State, so goes to show he wants to be here, not to mention if Bowman or Willis need some rest.
Tender him at the 2nd round level for 1.6 mil. He's a great back up, so I don't want to lose him for a near-worthless 7th rounder. I bet he stays on the roster at that level and its not too expensive imo.

But at least this way, if somebody makes an offer we don't want to match we get a good pick for him.
I don't think that the organization is hesitant on signing Grant! Grant is going to be pursued by plenty of teams to start, so he will really be interested in leaving.
For less $ , sure why not
Originally posted by 49realdeal:
For less $ , sure why not

one dollar
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
I don't think that the organization is hesitant on signing Grant! Grant is going to be pursued by plenty of teams to start, so he will really be interested in leaving.

Not so sure. It's understandable for SF fans to think teams around the league watch all players closely, but I can see Grant going under the radar once again. Even players like Aubrayo Franklin and Manny Lawson were far less valued than what SF fans expected...and they had lots more time in the spotlight.

... and I still don't know for certain if he's a RFA or UFA.
[ Edited by oldman9er on Jan 31, 2012 at 6:45 AM ]
im down for putting a tender on him and baiting him out for an extra draft pick
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
im down for putting a tender on him and baiting him out for an extra draft pick

when you tender someone the lowest i think you can tender him for is a 3rd round pick

no one will take him for that much

and i dont think hes a RFA either
Didn't the rams have him starting and he just lost his job?