There are 237 users in the forums

Resign Larry Grant?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Resign Larry Grant?

First we drafted him late. He was too small. Then he leaves. He puts on some muscle, weight and strength. He comes back and is a stud at least for a backup. A very high end backup IMO. As we have seen this season injuries can strike even at positions we are sure of. And in comes a high end backup to fill the need and not too much dropoff.

I would sign him to "high end backup money." I think he is worth that. Obviosly we have tons of guys to sign this offseason. And some very expensive ones. So it may come down to a #'s game. # of FA's and amount of money you can spend. But if we can afford him somehow I'm ok with real good backup money for him. I think he has earned that and is worth that.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Dec 31, 2011 at 3:48 AM ]
I think it depends on weather we resign Brooks, they may well resign Grant and move him to outside LB as he is younger and cheaper than Brooks will be.
Originally posted by WildBill:
I think it depends on weather we resign Brooks, they may well resign Grant and move him to outside LB as he is younger and cheaper than Brooks will be.

I think it will just come down to #'s. Money and # of players both. We can't resign everybody. We have some real key guys this year. If we don't resign Brooks maybe we could give Grant a run. They are different players but it would be good to get one back. He's just awesome depth. He can fill in and make plays. You aren't afraid to have him on the field. I can't believe how good this defense is this year. Even the backups are good. It didn't used to be this way around here...
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I think it will just come down to #'s. Money and # of players both. We can't resign everybody. We have some real key guys this year. If we don't resign Brooks maybe we could give Grant a run. They are different players but it would be good to get one back. He's just awesome depth. He can fill in and make plays. You aren't afraid to have him on the field. I can't believe how good this defense is this year. Even the backups are good. It didn't used to be this way around here...

Well it was like that, it just took about a decade for history to repeat itself.... This has truley been a magical year, a year that I pinched myself many times to make sure it wasn't more daydreaming. I've done a lot of that these last several years.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Well it was like that, it just took about a decade for history to repeat itself.... This has truley been a magical year, a year that I pinched myself many times to make sure it wasn't more daydreaming. I've done a lot of that these last several years.

As low as we sunk to have backups that are good and Harbaugh as HC and Baalke who I must admit is better than I thought is absolutely amazing.
i think it has something to do with the system. put several pro bowlers around a guy he tends to look better. grant has played well, but he is a backup right now. i would love to resign him, but at a good price. as long as willis and bowman are healthy, he wont see the field. he might be someone that we have to let go.
Originally posted by niners9:
i think it has something to do with the system. put several pro bowlers around a guy he tends to look better. grant has played well, but he is a backup right now. i would love to resign him, but at a good price. as long as willis and bowman are healthy, he wont see the field. he might be someone that we have to let go.

He may be let go with our other resigning needs. Just saying he has played really well. And he's nice to keep around if we can afford him.
  • buck
  • Veteran
He has played very well against both the run and the pass

I voted to resign him, but I doubt that he will sign with us.

He will be a back-up here in SF; on another team he should start.

For his career and his family that right move is to move on.

I strongly suggest that he go to a 3-4 team in the AFC.
He wont have trouble finding work. Resigning him would be nice if the price is right.
Ummm. Would I want him back? Hell yeah!!! But why would he come back when he can be a starter somewhere else and get starter money? I don't expect him to be a Niner next year. We are not the only ones watching him, plenty teams around the league are also.
[ Edited by 305Niner on Dec 31, 2011 at 8:12 AM ]

Yes, resign Grant. We might lose Brooks next year. I'm thinking Grant might be able to play OLB in a pinch if we can't find anyone to replace Brooks.
  • ACUK
  • Veteran
I would like to resign him, but I think we are going to struggle with the amount of FA's we have this year.
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for BigYellowKahuna.
Would love to resign but I rather spend that money to resign someone else (Goldson, Rogers, Brooks etc). If the Faiders were smart they would throw money grants way because he is better than what they currently have
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
His asking price will be to high for a backup. Some crappy team will pay him starter money.
How much is he getting paid now?
Share 49ersWebzone