LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

Resign Larry Grant?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Resign Larry Grant?

Originally posted by BigYellowKahuna:
Would love to resign but I rather spend that money to resign someone else (Goldson, Rogers, Brooks etc). If the Faiders were smart they would throw money grants way because he is better than what they currently have

He stands a reasonable chance of staying out of jail, which would be a plus for them.
we have other players to sign first
Larry Grant is a nice fit, if someone pays him he'll probably go.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Larry Grant is a nice fit, if someone pays him he'll probably go.

^
Just speculation that Seattle might make a run at him . . . he is a McCloughan pick:

http://mynorthwest.com/?nid=292&sid=616539
We should but I doubt we will.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Eric D. Williams of the Tacoma News Tribune said in an interview with ESPN 710 Seattle that he believes the Seahawks could be interested in LB Larry Grant this offseason.

The Seahawks lack quality depth behind starters David Hawthorne, Leroy Hill and K.J. Wright, and both Hill and Hawthorne are set to become unrestricted free agents. Grant, 26, was a seventh-round pick by the 49ers in 2008 but spent his first three seasons as a backup with the Rams. He rejoined San Francisco this season on a one-year deal.
can he play OLB?
I'd re-sign him, he filled a need on short notice. And I wouldnt want the guy to go to those s**thawks.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
we will most likely not sign him for the amount of money he will want because of what he did when he filled in for willis. we are a good team and are in good shape cap wise but i am not sure we can afford to over spend for a back up player and there is no room for him to start here

Yes we should at the right price, but I doubt he returns. He is a starter on any other team.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Yes, resign Grant. We might lose Brooks next year. I'm thinking Grant might be able to play OLB in a pinch if we can't find anyone to replace Brooks.

I keep hearing this sentiment and I don't quite understand it. The transition from ILB to OLB in a 3-4 is extremely difficult. Brooks made it, but he's more bigger, stronger and arguably more athletic than Grant.
[ Edited by Hopper on Jan 29, 2012 at 4:27 PM ]
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
His asking price will be to high for a backup. Some crappy team will pay him starter money.

I hope people aren't forgetting he's a restricted free agent. Any team who signs Grant to an offer sheet will surrender a draftpick unless the Niners match the offer sheet.
To a point. You want this guy back. But already having two starters pegged at MLB he get's tough to justify at a certain dollar amount.
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by susweel:
His asking price will be to high for a backup. Some crappy team will pay him starter money.

I hope people aren't forgetting he's a restricted free agent. Any team who signs Grant to an offer sheet will surrender a draftpick unless the Niners match the offer sheet.

THANK YOU!!!
Share 49ersWebzone