LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 258 users in the forums

Braylon Edwards released

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I expect Swain to play well. Crabtree... Williams should be fine for playoffs.. Swain/Ginn... we don't use many 3 WR sets much less 4 anyways.
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Nes49:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Natewillis2252:
Originally posted by MarkD:
Originally posted by NONAME:
Originally posted by Chief:
Sign TO!

HELL NO. The last thing we would need is a potential cancer in the locker room going into the playoffs.

Enough with the cancer crap, its old. He hasn't been a "cancer" since his 49er and Iggle days. The problem that Owens has had the last 6 years or so have been the camera wont leave his sights, hes been under a micro scope since he left San Fran and Philly. Every great WR has complained to his QB for not getting him the ball just ask Irvin, Carter and Rice.
Forget the cancer thing, he's just an old WR with a bad knee.

im sure it's more than healed up by now?

We should at least bring him in & work him out - see if he is at 100%. I mean how many other options do we have?

four other options.

Joe Hastings. Chris Chambers. Brian Finneran. are names I read. Maybe Im just overreactioning about Braylon Edwards. I sure Harbaugh has something in mind

those three and Konrad Reuland

I think that's who will take Edwards roster spot. They need the TE more than the WR and he played at Stanford so he is very familiar with the O.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Dec 27, 2011 at 11:37 AM ]

maybe, but still probably a lot better than Edwards
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Sign TO!

HELL NO. The last thing we would need is a potential cancer in the locker room going into the playoffs.

Enough with the cancer crap, its old. He hasn't been a "cancer" since his 49er and Iggle days. The problem that Owens has had the last 6 years or so have been the camera wont leave his sights, hes been under a micro scope since he left San Fran and Philly. Every great WR has complained to his QB for not getting him the ball just ask Irvin, Carter and Rice.

im sure it's more than healed up by now?

We should at least bring him in & work him out - see if he is at 100%. I mean how many other options do we have?

four other options.

Joe Hastings. Chris Chambers. Brian Finneran. are names I read. Maybe Im just overreactioning about Braylon Edwards. I sure Harbaugh has something in mind

those three and Konrad Reuland

Agree. Most likely someone in house thats up to speed in the playbook andready for the playoffs
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I expect Swain to play well. Crabtree... Williams should be fine for playoffs.. Swain/Ginn... we don't use many 3 WR sets much less 4 anyways.

Yup...and we play ALOT of 2 TE sets. Need another TE.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
I think that's who will take Edwards roster spot. They need the TE more than the WR and he played at Stanford so he is very familiar with the O.

Im thinking you might be right. They arent exactly short on WR's. Dont they still have John Mathews on the 53 man roster? or is he a PS guy?

NONE of these guys get seperation on a Donald Driver level.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Damn, son. That's bold.

Agree. Harbaugh and Baalke must have a plan. Was hoping Edwards would get healthy and help us in the playoffs. Ready to see what happens next.

Agreed. Ballsy, gutty move to cut Braylon loose this late. Harbaugh sent a message to the team that one player will not be allowed to become a festering pimple on a smooth, clean face. I bet there's more than one person in that locker room who agrees with the move that Harbaugh made. Braylon was a waste of roster space.

There also might be another, underlying story here that will come out later. Perhaps something did happen in the locker room, behind closed doors, that we don't know about.

That story, if there is one, will eventually come out.

But one heck of a gutty move to cut someone who plays a position that we are woefully thin at. I haven't kept up with this story all morning. Have we signed anyone yet? Promoted anyone from the practice squad?
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

we're not GB.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by IWasWrongRubber:
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Damn, son. That's bold.

Agree. Harbaugh and Baalke must have a plan. Was hoping Edwards would get healthy and help us in the playoffs. Ready to see what happens next.

Agreed. Ballsy, gutty move to cut Braylon loose this late. Harbaugh sent a message to the team that one player will not be allowed to become a festering pimple on a smooth, clean face. I bet there's more than one person in that locker room who agrees with the move that Harbaugh made. Braylon was a waste of roster space.

There also might be another, underlying story here that will come out later. Perhaps something did happen in the locker room, behind closed doors, that we don't know about.

That story, if there is one, will eventually come out.

But one heck of a gutty move to cut someone who plays a position that we are woefully thin at. I haven't kept up with this story all morning. Have we signed anyone yet? Promoted anyone from the practice squad?

no & no

Sign TO!

What planet do you hail from. That is the most ridiculous statement I've heard during my years on the 49er Board. In fact, it should be nominated for the dumbest post of all time. To put T.O. into the same category as Jerry Rice or Michael Irvin is just -- well -- wrong man. It's wrong on so many levels that I cannot even begin to point out just how wrong it is.

Rice and Irvin were important cogs in a machine. They were part of a team. They never, EVER, put themselves above the needs of the TEAM. Rice complaining about not getting enough touches cannot even begin to compare to the layer of crap that T.O. left in San Francisco.
Don't know much about Reuland but from the looks of it he is probably the same as Justin Peelle. Both are that 3rd blocking TE. Wish we had Byham who can block but I think would be a slightly better WR than those two which isn't saying much. Might be better off going out and getting a WR TE since Peelle and Reuland are blocking TE's. Maybe Walker can be back if we make the NFC Championship game.

The bad part is we are bruised and battered but the good news is we have 3 weeks to heal if we can get the bye. I say hold out anyone who is slightly injured. Play Alex most of the game or if it gets out of hand. Hopefully in 3 weeks we have everyone ready to go except maybe Walker and we should be able to find some replacements in that 3 week time period.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Dec 27, 2011 at 11:48 AM ]
I knew this wasnt going 2 work out when he was running the wrong routes n at very slow speed after the injury it looked bad 4 his chances to make a big impact
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Don't know much about Reuland but from the looks of it he is probably the same as Justin Peelle. Both are that 3rd blocking TE. Wish we had Byham who can block but I think would be a slightly better WR than those two which isn't saying much. Might be better off going out and getting a WR TE since Peelle and Reuland are blocking TE's. Maybe Walker can be back if we make the NFC Championship game.

The bad part is we are bruised and battered but the good news is we have 3 weeks to heal if we can get the bye. I say hold out anyone who is slightly injured. Play Alex most of the game or if it gets out of hand. Hopefully in 3 weeks we have everyone ready to go except maybe Walker and we should be able to find some replacements in that 3 week time period.

Reuland looked great catching balls in camp and preseason games
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

...and Edwards was?
Share 49ersWebzone