There are 216 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

which WR will 49ers bring in

Originally posted by Jakemall:
I don't think we are bringing in a WR...just promoting a TE from the PS.

But that still leaves one spot open. Reuland for Walker(TE), but who for Edwards(WR)?????
Originally posted by gamechanger:
T.O. use to punk Woodson when he was with the raiders, bring him in!

There's a reason why no one wants T O. I'll trust 32 GM's before the WZ
Originally posted by Bleed49ers4Life:
But that still leaves one spot open. Reuland for Walker(TE), but who for Edwards(WR)?????

Walker is still on the roster
I actually think they will bring in a TE and just go with Crabtree, Williams, Ginn and Swain at WR. They need TEs more than WRs anyway in this offense.

If they do sign a WR and anyone here thinks there is any way that WR will be Owens or Moss, you're crazy.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Dec 27, 2011 at 11:25 AM ]
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Bleed49ers4Life:

Walker is still on the roster

Exactly. Thats why Edwards was released. They don't want to put Walker on IR because they hope to have him in the playoffs at some point.
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
There's a reason why no one wants T O. I'll trust 32 GM's before the WZ

But those reasons were for the beginning of the season to mid season, to avoid any cancerous tirades that T.O. is known for. But we bout to compete in the playoff for the first time since '03 against teams with very good QB's and above average Offense. Sure defense win championships, but we still need to score TD's notfieldgoals in the playoffs. Injuries and lack of a Go to receiver will make it very hard to 49ers to compete on offense. We're going for all the marbles now!
Originally posted by zozell:
Konrad Reuland

Agree with TE Reuland as the likely candidate. The Niners need 2 TE receiving threats to run their most effective offensive set (1 RB, 2 TE, 2 WR), and Peele is not that #2 guy. At 6'7", Reuland showed during TC that he can catch in a crowd (unlike Edwards, who was expected to fill that role). I think that Harbaugh wants a big body and values the #2 TE position more highly than the #5 WR position. Evidently, they won't make an IR decision on Walker until the week AFTER the Ram game.

Another big concern with both Ginn and Williams banged-up, is who will be the PR vs the Rams. Candidates would seem to be Culliver and/or Reggie Smith. I expect Hunter to handle KR duties, until either Ginn or Williams are ready to go in the playoffs.
Reuland, but I'd love to see Zeigler back with the Niners too...
I just dont feel Walker is going to be ready for the first round playoff. Now he could return to full health(which i hope he does), but just dont see it happening anytime soon. Maybe championship game if possible, but if they're contemplating IR then it must be serious.
We can still sign a decent WR, just have to release Swain
Originally posted by jreff22:
We can still sign a decent WR, just have to release Swain

not.gonna.happen.
Tai Streets
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Tai Streets

I raise you with a JJ Stokes!
T.O. Hated Jeff Garica, and called him gay, what would he do to Alex Smith?