49ers vs. Broncos Tickets Available! →

There are 612 users in the forums

**** BREAKING NEWS***** GOLDSON GOT THE FRANCHISE TAG

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
I don't want to franchise Dashon Goldson.

I want to sign him to a multi year deal at 5 per with incentives to 7+ per.

...before any other free agent we have. Teams look for NFL safeties that can help their team win for years and years. We have that right in front of us. The guy though deserves to get paid. He deserves every bit of the top safetys' salaries because he IS a top safety in this league. We should be very proud of Goldsons performance and commitment to us. He wants to be here. We need to jump at the chance that Goldson is the perfect type of free safety to excel in our defensive system. Physical, fast, range, tall, instinctive in run support, great learner ( bites less on play action).

I love Goldson. I ve always been one of his biggest fans.

And I love the 49ers so much. Its been so long since I got angry at personnel decisions because they always make the right decisions, but if they don't resign a top 5 safety, then I'm going to be livid f**king pissed.

Cheers guys, how you guys doing on this fine evening?


Still not watching Superbowl, lol

I would definitly go with this.
the bottom line is that we need to keep him on the team. you just gotta look at the monday night game against the cards last season. He hits hard and the ball pops out. he can catch it when it comes his way. sure he may miss some tackles once in a while going for the KO, buts its rare. i would rather have him take medium risk high reward plays than just to make sure tackles
This is an easy call. If he won't take a long-term deal for 4 years 20 mil with extra incentives built in, then you F-tag him for 6.2 mil for the 2012 season.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Until we can land an all-star replacement for him, we should keep the Pro Bowler we have.

This.

It's a bit silly that he even had to type that.

I think most if not all fans want him back, but what they are afraid of is the 50 million dollar contract. The problem is Goldson probably wants top 5 money, when he's really top 10.

These are my thoughts exactly, especially for a guy who doesn't have the most sound fundamentals and who's hit or miss on the field.
Originally posted by horsecore:
Really hitting the happy pills hard today, huh SD?

Anyway, I'd be surprised if the tag is used on him. Goldson didn't generate a whole lot of interest through the abbreviated offseason (which was somewhat surprising) so I'm wondering if it will be any different this year - maybe it will be, but, dude needs to clean up some of his tackles and not always go for the big hits. It didn't matter much in the end but he whiffed on some tackles last night that needed to be made.

I know it's generally all about the money but it would be nice to see some players stick around as something special is being built here.
Originally posted by dhp318:
remember when we had Madoo-doo in for him and we lost against the Cowboys? Or better yet, remember Mark Roman and all the things we'd hear from training camp and practice about this kid named Dashon Goldson who was always making plays? Let's not lose him without a proper replacement.

Umm... Hey partner there is no replacement D-Goldson is above the rest. Let's not lose him AT ALL!!!
Eric Branch @Eric_Branch
#49ers free-agent S Dashon Goldson on @957thegame : "... I'm sure they want me back. They've expressed how much they want me back."
Originally posted by valrod33:
Eric Branch @Eric_Branch
#49ers free-agent S Dashon Goldson on @957thegame : "... I'm sure they want me back. They've expressed how much they want me back."

5 years 32.5 million, top 5 money for a young safety and integral part of our D.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Eric Branch @Eric_Branch
#49ers free-agent S Dashon Goldson on @957thegame : "... I'm sure they want me back. They've expressed how much they want me back."


Not exactly ground breaking. They said the same thing last year, but let him walk. Luckily, nobody else wanted him. So unless I'm reading something wrong, it's hard to get too excited. I'd be more excited if he said he wants to be back and is willing to do what it takes to make it happen (Like Rogers has stated).
Goldson says he'd be shocked if hes not back with 49ers
http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/02/09/goldson-would-be-shocked-if-hes-not-back-with-49ers/

On 95.7 The Game this morning, Goldson said he wants to return to San Francisco and the feeling is mutual.
[ Edited by valrod33 on Feb 9, 2012 at 10:41 AM ]
5 year 32 million dollars DO IT
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Dashon Goldson: Age 27

Carlos Rogers: Age 30

Look at the #'s folks. I'd rather take the risk of an uncovered Rogers. He has 1 - 2 years of really good play left (Rogers). Goldson may have 5 - 6. He's an absolute ball hawk out there. He catches every tipped pass. He hits like a truck. His instincts and angles he takes are outstanding. The guy we can't afford to lose is GOLDSON!

Rogers says he wants to finish as a 49er. So I take that chance with a big contract over 3 years he may sign with us again anyway. We can't leave Goldson uncovered. We can't! Big dropoff in the back end without him.

Ted Ginn I think we can get to come back for a big "return man contract." We need him for field position.

Alex Smith has finally found the teacher he needs to continue to develop. Almost no way he wants to go to another team. I think he would be out of his mind to leave Harbaugh. So for a pretty good contract value I think he will come back.

These are the 4 guys I think we need to resign. But Goldson is by far the most dangerous to leave uncovered in FA. Discuss.

Thanks for the info Mr. point out the obvious.....
Originally posted by valrod33:
Goldson says he'd be shocked if hes not back with 49ers
http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/02/09/goldson-would-be-shocked-if-hes-not-back-with-49ers/

On 95.7 The Game this morning, Goldson said he wants to return to San Francisco and the feeling is mutual.

  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
  • Posts: 122,129
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Goldson says he'd be shocked if hes not back with 49ers
http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/02/09/goldson-would-be-shocked-if-hes-not-back-with-49ers/

On 95.7 The Game this morning, Goldson said he wants to return to San Francisco and the feeling is mutual.


its all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Goldson says he'd be shocked if hes not back with 49ers
http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/02/09/goldson-would-be-shocked-if-hes-not-back-with-49ers/

On 95.7 The Game this morning, Goldson said he wants to return to San Francisco and the feeling is mutual.


its all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

yeah, its good news but when it gets down to it there is still going to be a negotiation and i imagine they're going to be somewhat far apart when that starts.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone