LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 135 users in the forums

**** BREAKING NEWS***** GOLDSON GOT THE FRANCHISE TAG

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm 100% he will be back it's Brooks and Rogers I'm worried about
we'll know Monday - maybe - if he get's tagged. Another thread had an interesting thought - tag him and then trade him. You won't get 2 #1s like the poster suggested, but you could probably get a #1 or combination of #2 and #3, etc. A trading partner might be the Saints with Harper getting older and past his prime -- and Goldson could rush the passer like Harper. BUT, the Saints #1 this year is only slightly better than our #30 spot -- so not worth that much except we could target a WR and OG at the end of the 1st round.
Originally posted by HearstFan:
we'll know Monday - maybe - if he get's tagged. Another thread had an interesting thought - tag him and then trade him. You won't get 2 #1s like the poster suggested, but you could probably get a #1 or combination of #2 and #3, etc. A trading partner might be the Saints with Harper getting older and past his prime -- and Goldson could rush the passer like Harper. BUT, the Saints #1 this year is only slightly better than our #30 spot -- so not worth that much except we could target a WR and OG at the end of the 1st round.

i will not trade him to a conference contender unless they give us a hell of a deal
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Dason Goldson linked this article from his twitter account
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1063699-free-agency-2012-potential-new-orleans-saint-safety-dashon-goldson-profile

I lol'd at this part
Goldson is likely to command the highest safety contract in league history this offseason—or at least if I was his agent, I'd be looking for such a deal. That's bad news for any team looking to acquire this particular player's services.

This is why I don't want to sign him long-term. He thinks too highly of himself. I was against the tag too before, but now I agree with SD and I'll tag him and let him show that he can play at pro-bowl level for 2 years in a row before he scores a big contract. He is crazy if he thinks he deserves to get paid that much.
he said he'd be shocked if he doesn't return
Originally posted by susweel:
I trust Baalke will make the proper decision.

• VDSF
  • Veteran
According to Jason LaCanfora of the NFL Network, the San Francisco 49ers will likely place the franchise tag on safety Dashon Goldson since the salary for a safety is much lower then quarterback or cornerback under the tag. Speaking of the 49ers and their free agent quarterback Alex Smith and cornerback Carlos Rogers, they'll likely be signed to long-term deals to ensure they don't go anywhere. Smith's contract will likely be similar to the deal the Cardinals gave to quarterback Kevin Kolb last season, except it will likely have a lot more incentives in order to protect the 49ers from losing a lot of money if he doesn't play well next season and they end up deciding to move on from him.

Link..
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
I'm 100% he will be back it's Brooks and Rogers I'm worried about

yeah it called the franchise tag! He will cost the least out of the three to tag. He's locked in, but will he hold out?
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Goldson drops Rosenhaus as agent.

Per Barrows: I'm hearing that safety Dashon Goldson parted ways with agent Drew Rosenhaus. Goldson seeking multi-year deal in free agency ....
Originally posted by okdkid:

Per Barrows: I'm hearing that safety Dashon Goldson parted ways with agent Drew Rosenhaus. Goldson seeking multi-year deal in free agency ....

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame

• VDSF
  • Veteran

Hopefully this is a good sign for us, Rosenhaus was probably trying to rape us and Niners said we will just franchise tag him ig he wants that kind of money and Goldson was like cmon playa i just want long term security and to be paid fairly and then the niners were like for realz playa? well drop rosenhaus and lets get this down shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiet
[ Edited by valrod33 on Feb 24, 2012 at 11:43 AM ]
hey drew... "scram sucka!"
Originally posted by valrod33:
Hopefully this is a good sign for us, Rosenhaus was probably trying to rape us and Niners said we will just franchise tag him ig he wants that kind of money and Goldson was like cmon playa i just want long term security and to be paid fairly and then the niners were like for realz playa? well drop rosenhaus and lets get this down shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiet

Or Rosenhaus was being reasonable and Goldson, again, thought too highly of himself and will test the FA market again for the highest bidder?
Share 49ersWebzone