LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 285 users in the forums

**** BREAKING NEWS***** GOLDSON GOT THE FRANCHISE TAG

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He is having a good season but THERES NO WAY HE IS WORTH THE FRANCHISE TAG!!! I alway thought he is more of a SS.
He's worth the franchise tag imo. If we can't get him signed long term. I would rather rack him up for 4 seasons though. He's a top 5 safety in the league. Now does he regress after this season? Possibly.
NO WAY he is Worth the Franchise Tag he AIN'T NO TROY POLUMALU, DAWKINS IN HIS PRIME, SEAN TAYLOR WHEN ALIVE. He's replaceable like Alex Smith just average.
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
NO WAY he is Worth the Franchise Tag he AIN'T NO TROY POLUMALU, DAWKINS IN HIS PRIME, SEAN TAYLOR WHEN ALIVE. He's replaceable like Alex Smith just average.

Not as easily as you may think. Its hard to find a good safety especially a ball hawk like him. So you compare him to an old dawkins and a dead guy. Lets compare him to todays players. I can name 4 better then him. Earl Thomas, Ed Reed, Troy, Eric Berry. Thats it. I agree Alex is easily replaced with a full offseason but Dashon is not as easy. Not with this draft class mind you. A free safety franchise tag is roughly 6 million next season.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
This is Dashon when he found out he made the pro bowl.

Originally posted by susweel:

yeap he's made a statement with his turnovers and big plays. He's missed a few tackles but safety isnt the easiest position to find playmakers at.
Goldsons price tag just went up with a PB next to his name.
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:
Originally posted by susweel:

yeap he's made a statement with his turnovers and big plays. He's missed a few tackles but safety isnt the easiest position to find playmakers at.

Pay Him.
hahahahaha

Goldson gets the last laugh
And so did Rogers

Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for OtisDriftwood.
IMO we need to keep all our FA's to be, maybe they'll stay and take modest pay for playing together. Alot vets do that for New England. New England sucks at drafting now, they should have a great defense now but they've made dumb moves recently. I think it started with trading Seymour away.
I agree,he's going to be good one
Originally posted by ace49ers:

He won't be in SF next year. Hell, he wouldn't have been THIS year if Reggie Smith hadn't gotten hurt.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by ace49ers:

He won't be in SF next year. Hell, he wouldn't have been THIS year if Reggie Smith hadn't gotten hurt.
Thank God Reggie sucks and takes angles just as bad
ya, DG wont be back. Hes gonna want bank and i hope to god the Niners arent the ones to back the truck up
Share 49ersWebzone