There are 88 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Ted Ginn's status? and any other injuries....

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by susweel:
I hope Teddy is okay because I dont trust KW on punt returns.

Why don't you trust him? The guy has great hands. The Steelers guy interfered with his ability to catch the ball. It was a penalty. Not a muff.

He dont fair catch when the players are close. Dude is gonna muff some punts for sure. Ginn is very good return game and knows when to fair catch or not.
Originally posted by 5280High:
Ginn will be missed in the return game, but Williams is no doubt the #2 WR now which helps the O more than splitting that spot with Ginn. Edwards is obviously still injured, shame that all the potential big play ability never materialized after preseason.

Also liked what we saw out of Swain, he was all over the field on special teams and brought that attitude for the offense in the limited play he got. We know hes got speed (finished second to the PS WR in the race tryout before getting signed) but if Swain shows some consistent hands, he could be a great role playing 3rd down receiver with how hard he will fight for every yard. Plus this team needs someone to step up that looked like they just came from the beach to the game, it's Cali.

Even though the season isnt over, this team doesnt look in too bad of shape for the future with Crabs & Williams, Morgan likely resigned pending a physical, and likely a group including Ginn (depending on price tag... wont be back if he wants to be paid more than just an elite returner), Edwards (will want another shot, and can be retained/cut on the cheap), a Rookie (hopefully with some speed/returning abilities as a hedge for Ginn leaving), then Swain & Co. The first 3 mentioned could make anyteams 5WR, and the remaining 2 spots have some decent competition. No elite guy, but a capable group. Wright from Baylor could add allot to this group.
You're right he did come from the beach in Cali, Swain comes from the same high school as my son here in Carlsbad, CA outside of San Diego, and yes it is a quintessential So. Cal beach town. Dont let the long hair fool you he's a good athlete and was a tough cut by Green Bay earlier this year. Hopefully Edwards is physically and mentally ready to make some contributions now, it's better late than never,
Isn't Harbaugh challenging Braylon this week? I say we have to at least have him activated for the game. Don't know much about Swain to feel comfortable.

While we all acknowledge losing Teddy hurts our kick return game I know that he at least opens up the field with his speed even though he sucks as WR. At least he contributes in that area of the passing game.
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Isn't Harbaugh challenging Braylon this week? I say we have to at least have him activated for the game. Don't know much about Swain to feel comfortable.

While we all acknowledge losing Teddy hurts our kick return game I know that he at least opens up the field with his speed even though he sucks as WR. At least he contributes in that area of the passing game.

packers felt comfortable enough to have play some wr for them, that alone in my mind leaves me comfortable with him gettin some snaps
So what is the status of this guy? How serious is it? When will he be ready?

Kinda weird how his status hasn't been talked about ?
  • Chico
  • Veteran
broke a nail....out for the year
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

It is wierd since he is hugely important to our field position battle. Andy Lee too.

It is wierd since he is hugely important to our field position battle. Andy Lee too.

Andy is injured too?

Andy is injured too?

No. But those 2 guys are winning field position for us. And they are both important.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home