There are 105 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How do you remember Charlie Garner?

i remember his 200 yard game
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I remember him early in his career as an Eagle gashing us in that 40-8 home debacle in 1994.

This
Originally posted by Engleburger:
How do you remember Charlie Garner?

I get warm and fuzzy just thinking of his name. I was a preteen in his years here just developing my love for this game (and this team). He was a boss and I miss him dearly.

K
Didn't he drop 162 yards on us BEFORE we signed him? He was with Philly I believe and shredded us...
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
IMO

1)Gore
2)Hearst
3)Watters
4)Craig
5)Perry

soooo, are you just listing popular niners backs from most recent to oldest?
he was at the end of his career
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
he rocked. wasn't his average YPC something ridiculous, like 5.5YPC during his stay with us? I loved the guy.
  • boast
  • All City
mostly as an Eagle
Originally posted by Shaj:
he rocked. wasn't his average YPC something ridiculous, like 5.5YPC during his stay with us? I loved the guy.

5.1 and 4.4
Appreciated him while he was here.
Hearst was my favorite 49ers RB. You guys are also forgetting about Ricky Waters. Although his stay in SF was brief, he was damn good!
IMO

1)Gore
2)Hearst
3)Watters
4)Craig
5)Perry

Nothing but respect for Gore, but I am partial to Craig. He was a more rounded player. Both could block and run, but Craig caught many a ball out of the backfield and he would have more yards if didn't start off as a FB (I know gore is not being asked to catch out of the backfield and this puzzles me). However teams hated playing and tackling craig and those high knees to the helmet.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:

IMO

1)Gore
2)Hearst
3)Watters
4)Craig
5)Perry

List seems pretty decent to me. I may sway Hearst for Watters but thats its own separate argument.
For some reason whenever I remember him all I remember is a rainy ass game against pittsburgh on cbs and we're getting our ass kicked. Did that really happen or am I remembering it incorrectly?
Originally posted by jones49:

IMO

1)Gore
2)Hearst
3)Watters
4)Craig
5)Perry

List seems pretty decent to me. I may sway Hearst for Watters but thats its own separate argument.

The reason I hate these lists is that most people rank guys they have never seen or barely remmber. You're going to tell me you've seen perry play? You're going to tell me that ricky watters was better than craig? On what basis? What about wendel tyler?