There are 204 users in the forums

Calling Out Players That Need to be Called Out

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I wonder how many of these players will see this
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

WR Braylon Edwards - For the love of God, show some effort. I know you're not happy with your role right now but at least TRY. What the EFF is wrong with you? It's like you either don't know what to do on the field or you just don't care. The only good thing I've seen you do lately is block. But your route running and field awareness are absolutely horrendous right now.

I believe Braylon is hurt. Either way, you can't criticize effort when you're receiving bad fade route passes.

Funny...He seemed to have no problem making plays in the endzone when the fade is thrown with touch. I'm sure this is somehow not Alex's fault though...ballboy must have given him a slippery one. Damn ballboys.
New nickname: "Weekend at Braylon's" Somebody check his pulse!!!
Originally posted by SAVAGE49er:
New nickname: "Weekend at Braylon's" Somebody check his pulse!!!

New nickname. "No touch, no accuracy", starring Alex Smith
Originally posted by Quarterbacking101:
I believe Braylon is hurt. Either way, you can't criticize effort when you're receiving bad fade route passes.

Funny...He seemed to have no problem making plays in the endzone when the fade is thrown with touch. I'm sure this is somehow not Alex's fault though...ballboy must have given him a slippery one. Damn ballboys.

Yeah man, Alex is horrible at throwing the fade...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d822597ab/Williams-12-yard-touchdown

Oh wait.

Secondly, that route Braylon ran wasn't even a fade nor was it designed to be...Christ.
[ Edited by 12b6demurrer on Dec 13, 2011 at 5:32 PM ]
Originally posted by 12b6demurrer:
Yeah man, Alex is horrible at throwing the fade...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d822597ab/Williams-12-yard-touchdown

Oh wait.

I'm not sure what that pass has to do with the one I posted. Yes, that was an example of a nice one to williams. It has nothing to do with the throw I posted. The throw I posted is just about as bad as you can throw the fade. No touch, bad placement, and all braylon can do is get one hand on it while's he's in mid air at full arm extension.

So how come braylon can catch them from mark Sanchez(who isnt very good) but not from Alex?

What is the explanation?

Edit: So it wasn't a fade? God how stupid are you? What is that route then genius? A comeback at the 5 yard line? WTF?

And even if it wasn't a fade. Bad pass. Bottom line. Only an Alex fan would defend that throw
[ Edited by Quarterbacking101 on Dec 13, 2011 at 5:34 PM ]
I'm not sure what that pass has to do with the one I posted. Yes, that was an example of a nice one to williams. It has nothing to do with the throw I posted. The throw I posted is just about as bad as you can throw the fade. No touch, bad placement, and all braylon can do is get one hand on it while's he's in mid air at full arm extension.

So how come braylon can catch them from mark Sanchez(who isnt very good) but not from Alex?

What is the explanation?

Edit: So it wasn't a fade? God how stupid are you? What is that route then genius? A comeback at the 5 yard line? WTF?

And even if it wasn't a fade. Bad pass. Bottom line. Only an Alex fan would defend that throw

Because the second route was not a fade? Are you dense?

What is the explanation?

Actually, yes, it was a comeback to the corner of the pylon. They tried to run the same route to Ted Ginn after realizing Edwards wasn't agile enough to do it.

I'm not defending the throw. I'm saying you can't criticize him for throwing a bad fade when the play wasn't designed to be a fade.
Actually, yes, it was a comeback to the corner of the pylon. They tried to run the same route to Ted Ginn after realizing Edwards wasn't agile enough to do it.

I'm not defending the throw. I'm saying you can't criticize him for throwing a bad fade when the play wasn't designed to be a fade.

A comeback is when the receiver runs straight and and then turns his shoulder in the opposite direction of what braylon did. It's a timing pattern. That is the definition of a fade because Braylon contorted his body in mid air for the backshoulder. Unless you are saying Braylon ran the wrong route. Which i guess is possible, but sounds like another alexcuse.
Originally posted by Joecool:
This has been an issue with Alex since he's been in the league. It isn't a coincidence that most of his completions this year have been wide open due to excellent play design. I just don't think he has the throwing ability to make the instantaneous "looky what I found" or "Oh s**t" throws.

Funny thing! The Smith supporters are accused of never saying anything against him and yet almost every post from the anti-Smith folks is about how bad he is. Your comment "isn't a coincidence that most of his completions this year have been wide open due to excellent play design" is bogus. Smith has thrown very good outs to covered WRs where they were the only ones who had a chance to get to the ball. He has also thrown receivers open and placed the ball perfectly to win games. But his throws to wide open receivers are usually dropped...VD in the end zone, Ginn for a sure TD.

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
I think the drop argument has been overblown. the league average for drops is 22. We have 26. Not great but it is right about average...

Drops per pass is quite a different story. Since the 9er offense is predicated on efficiency, not bombs away, every drop is magnified in importance. That goes for every penalty as well.

It isn't possible to quantify exceptional catches per pass but it seems unlikely that any viewer could dispute that most teams with 10 wins have a better rate than the 9ers. There are few catches that have had any wow factor for SF this year. Watching GB and other good teams you see several of these great catches per game.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Dec 13, 2011 at 5:42 PM ]

Because the second route was not a fade? Are you dense?

This is a comeback. He doesn't adjust his body in mid air. Receiver breaks and then stops turning around to catch the pass breaking to his left. If a receiver adjusts his body mid air, it's a backshoulder fade. You are an idiot.
A comeback is when the receiver runs straight and and then turns his shoulder in the opposite direction of what braylon did. It's a timing pattern. That is the definition of a fade because Braylon contorted his body in mid air for the backshoulder. Unless you are saying Braylon ran the wrong route. Which i guess is possible, but sounds like another alexcuse.

"A timing pattern" is not the definition of a fade. A fade route is a corner route to the back of the endzone and the QB lobs it to the WR. It has an element of timing, but not every timing pattern is a fade route.

I misspoke when I said this was a comeback, this was actually a hitch route because it was a designed comeback.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Funny thing! The Smith supporters are accused of never saying anything against him and yet almost every post from the anti-Smith folks is about how bad he is. Your comment "isn't a coincidence that most of his completions this year have been wide open due to excellent play design" is bogus. Smith has thrown very good outs to covered WRs where they were the only ones who had a chance to get to the ball. He has also thrown receivers open and placed the ball perfectly to win games. But his throws to wide open receivers are usually dropped...VD in the end zone, Ginn for a sure TD.

Drops per pass is quite a different story. Since the 9er offense is predicated on efficiency, not bombs away, every drop is magnified in importance. That goes for every penalty as well.

It isn't possible to quantify exceptional catches per pass but it seems unlikely that any viewer could dispute that most teams with 10 wins have a better rate than the 9ers. There are few catches that have had any wow factor for SF this year. Watching GB and other good teams you see several of these great catches per game.

Green Bay? Funny you mention that. In the superbowl, Jordy nelson dropped 4 passes, James Jones dropped 1, and Driver had one. Every team deals with drops. Only teams with bad QB's (Denver fans and Niner fans) whine about drops to support their QB
"A timing pattern" is not the definition of a fade. A fade route is a corner route to the back of the endzone and the QB lobs it to the WR. It has an element of timing, but not every timing pattern is a fade route.

I misspoke when I said this was a comeback, this was actually a hitch route because it was a designed comeback.

I said a comeback is timing, not a fade. Should have been more clear.

And this was not a hitch. It's a backshoulder fade and if you are blind if you say it's not. Receivers don't contort their body and adjust mid air on a hitch route. Learn football, then comeback and debate.

this was actually a hitch route because it was a designed comeback.

And LOL. Does this make sense to you? Sounds like you're trying a bit too hard to sound smart.
[ Edited by Quarterbacking101 on Dec 13, 2011 at 5:48 PM ]
I said a comeback is timing, not a fade. Should have been more clear.

And this was not a hitch. It's a backshoulder fade and if you are blind if you say it's not. Receivers don't contort their body and adjust mid air on a hitch route. Learn football, then comeback and debate.

Yeah, most receivers don't...because most receivers have some semblance of agility. If this wasn't a designed hitch, then why does Braylon twist his body before even seeing the ball? His eyes are straight ahead the whole time until he bumps the defender.
Share 49ersWebzone