LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 475 users in the forums

Calling Out Players That Need to be Called Out

Shop Find 49ers gear online
CUT THEM ALL!
Edwards should have stuck with #81
Fine post OTC.

Add to it OLine Coaching. Man, they need to prepare the OLine for the blitz packages that are coming from any team that watches game film.

Offensive Coaching. Lose the "Settle for a FG" mentality. I just don't see or feel any passion from the players or play calling. The coaches need to instill a street fighter mentality that our Defense has and Our Special Teams have. If we can't start scoring in the Red Zone we will lose the first game we play in the playoffs.

Nobody ever won a war by fighting it defensively - they won with total aggression.

Lastly, Call Out JH - Go back to the archives and see the Bill Walsh playbook and look up what he did w/ John Taylor and implement it with Crabs. He is playing 100% better than ever so we need to maximize it.

PS. Braylon is playing like a total loser.
Harbaugh, Roman & Vic "i get out coached every other week" Fangio need to go!!!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

So you want new coaches. I head Dennis Erickson is available.
It always starts and stops with the OL...I'm am convinced that a good OL trumps a good QB or WRs. Our OL..sorry Staley...sucks.
Originally posted by susweel:

we should have went after urban meyer, but now he's been scooped up. just another disaster by the DORKS!!!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

we should have went after urban meyer, but now he's been scooped up. just another disaster by the DORKS!!!

Originally posted by Jakemall:
It always starts and stops with the OL...I'm am convinced that a good OL trumps a good QB or WRs. Our OL..sorry Staley...sucks.

I agree, this is why:

1) Dilfer was able to win a Super Bowl. Had one of the greatest lines in the NFL, featuring future hall of famer Jonathan Ogden

2) Peyton Manning has had is able to do SOME of the things he was able to do. He, too, played with one of the best linemen in the NFL in his earlier years. He was sacked only 16 times in 2008 and 2009. I don't care how quick you are at getting the ball out. A number that low in back to back years is outstanding. This year, they lost almost every starter on the OL except for Saturday. .. It's not just Manning that hurt that team.

Originally posted by OnTheClock:

I agree, this is why:

1) Dilfer was able to win a Super Bowl. Had one of the greatest lines in the NFL, featuring future hall of famer Jonathan Ogden

2) Peyton Manning has had is able to do SOME of the things he was able to do. He, too, played with one of the best linemen in the NFL in his earlier years. He was sacked only 16 times in 2008 and 2009. I don't care how quick you are at getting the ball out. A number that low in back to back years is outstanding. This year, they lost almost every starter on the OL except for Saturday. .. It's not just Manning that hurt that team.

1) That is the exception, not the rule. Majority of Super Bowl winning teams have an all-pro QB.

2) Manning had to deal with line issues all his career. When he first came into the league onto a last place team, the line was horrible. By year two Manning was already playing great. Marvin Harrison was a nobody until Manning showed up. Maning play elevated his Wrs as well (Stokley, Garcon, Hernangez, R. Wayne etcc). Thos guys once leaving Indy don't come near their stats with Manning. And getting the ball out fast and accurate has a lot to do with how many sacks you get. I don't think the Colts go winless with Manning in there, no matter who he is playing with on the Oline. Its not a concidence Manning goes out and Texans win the division. If Manning was in they'd be challeging the Texans for that divisin, if not taking it over with the losses of Shaub, A. Johnson, and M. Williams.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Dec 13, 2011 at 4:39 PM ]
Man these posts sound the ones last year when we were 5-8
Anyone who thinks Alex doesn't need to be called out along with everyone else on the offense is kidding themselves.

he made some pretty bad decisions and had quite a few inaccurate passes. ONCE AGAIN, I am not putting the entire blame on him, but lets not make it seem like the guy cannot be held accountable for his mistakes. The ENTIRE offense needs work.
Love this post ... If we can take the aggression used to write this post, and put that passion in these players -- that would be something to see. Great post!
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

I agree, this is why:

OTC, I have no problem with your stance that OL>QB (even though I definitely do not agree with it) but I do have a problem with the evidence you cite.

Reference #1: I don't understand how anyone can cite Dilfer's Super Bowl win as evidence of anything. It's an outlier! That's like me saying I know a guy who smoked 70 years of his life and never developed any problems with his lungs and so therefore smoking has no effect on your lungs.

Reference #2 is also flawed. You have no idea how Peyton Manning would be doing with this current Colts line so to suggest that the lineman are more/equally important than Manning based on this years outcome is preposterous. Manning has played well in spite of a substantial amount of offensive line turnover in recent years. If anything, history suggests he and the Colts would be contending for a playoff spot if he were in the lineup.
Share 49ersWebzone