There are 208 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Calling Out Players That Need to be Called Out

I feel like a lot of guys have not been playing up to the levels that they're capable of lately. The following guys are players I feel need to be called out for good reason. The issues present with each of these players is hurting the team, and we need these things corrected if we expect to win in the playoffs. So without further ado, here we go.

QB Alex Smith - Alex, throw the ball quicker. Not faster -- quicker. Against Arizona you took too long between the time you decided to throw and the time your guy should be getting open. This issue was pretty nonexistent for most of the games prior to Sunday. Sunday there was a noticeable difference and I could tell everything was happening way too slow. Even the completed out routes looked slower than usual. We need plays like the bomb to VD against STL with two players in your face crushing you when you throw, or beating the blitz with a quick pass to K.W. -- Most of us understand that not every play will be able to beat what the defense's scheme is, but that internal clock needs work. (Coaches should try and help with this. Make him practice throwing within 4, 3, 2, and 1 seconds).

WR Braylon Edwards - For the love of God, show some effort. I know you're not happy with your role right now but at least TRY. What the EFF is wrong with you? It's like you either don't know what to do on the field or you just don't care. The only good thing I've seen you do lately is block. But your route running and field awareness are absolutely horrendous right now.

WR Ted Ginn - You are a receiver in the NFL. It should occur to your to get your got dang head around and look for the ball, especially when running deep in one-on-one coverage.

TE Delanie Walker - Your play has been disgraceful for the second half of the season. You miss blocks when you're brought in the backfield to pass protect, and I'm absolutely SICK of seeing you drop wide open passes either for TDs or first downs on plays where there is NO ONE within 5-10 yards of you. Get your head out of your freaking rear and help your team.

TE Davis - I'm sorry, I thought you one of the strongest players in the NFL? Apparently you think you're Barry Sanders or Dante Hall trying to juke out multiple defenders. While you dance around like a got dang fairy, players like Kyle Williams are BLOWING UP corners with stiff arms. You're practically twice as big and strong as him so how about knocking the ever-lovin' daylights out of a DB or throwing them aside like you did in college? Also, I understand you're being double and triple teamed, but the lack of effort at times is INEXCUSABLE. I saw exactly what you did on that deep pass Sunday. You said, "Welp. I'm triple covered. Not getting the ball." And rounded off your route instead of continuing to run and it fell incomplete. It may not have gotten there anyway, but YOUR effort in the play was disgusting.

C Goodwin - No wonder the Saints let you go. You're a smart player, but against any decent DL you need help constantly. You also barely get any push in the run game. Jay Ratliff blew you up last year, and he blew you up again this year. As soon as we find a more powerful center, you will likely be relegated to back-up / swing-guard duty.

I'll stop there.
  • boqi
  • Veteran
RB Frank Gore - you are like the NFL's worst best player. Sure you get a 30 yard run maybe once or twice a game, but my god, do you have to lose 4 yards every play until then?

And for fun:

Kendall Hunter - GROW! And why do you have a girl's first name?!? Who do you think you are Dana Stubblefield minus 400 lbs?!?

Andy Lee - You look white, you kick like a Mexican soccer player, but your last name is Chinese. WTF?!?!
[ Edited by boqi on Dec 13, 2011 at 11:28 AM ]
Originally posted by boqi:
Andy Lee - You look white, you kick like a Mexican soccer player, but your last name is Chinese. WTF?!?!

Originally posted by susweel:

Thanks Sus, Needed a new shirt anyway...

And OTC, right on!

Agree on all points especially with Edwards and Alex. Yea, Goodwin didn't look good in this game and the Baltimore one.
I was at this game so ill chime in here as well ...

Secondary (all of it) - His name is Larry Fitz(cant spell the rest and do not care to look it up) ... he is the best WR in the game .... COVER HIM ... THEY DO NOT THROW TO ANYONE ELSE
Originally posted by CrownJP:

Secondary (all of it) - His name is Larry Fitz(cant spell the rest and do not care to look it up) ... he is the best WR in the game .... COVER HIM ... THEY DO NOT THROW TO ANYONE ELSE

u were at the game but didnt realize 2 other wr's on their team caught td passes? one of them was like a 60 yarder
Nice post OTC.

Given all the hype about Harbaugh and how he utilizes TEs, I am surprised/disappointed we are not seeing more production from that position. This is one area that has gone backward while most others are better. Something wrong here.
Originally posted by crabman82:

u were at the game but didnt realize 2 other wr's on their team caught td passes? one of them was like a 60 yarder

Yes Doucet did catch a ball, but if they double teamed Fitzgerald all game the team might have won.

On a side note I am officially sick of Delanie Walker. If you are a player, look the pass in and catch the frickin ball. We need TE's with hands. If VD had better hands him and Alex's stats would be through the roof.

Delanie and VD need to look in the mirro and think if they caught every catchable pass they could be the best TE combo in football, instead they are mediocre.

That catch by Larry is one of those that ordinary wr don't make, but Larry and Megatron. Larry just out physical and muscled our guy who was there and also going after the ball. The other-our guy slipped, unfortunatley it happens.
It doesn't qualify as calling out because the players will not see this.
I agree on the Vernon part. Stop dancing so much. Run mother f**kers over.
Originally posted by WildBill:

That catch by Larry is one of those that ordinary wr don't make, but Larry and Megatron. Larry just out physical and muscled our guy who was there and also going after the ball. The other-our guy slipped, unfortunatley it happens.

This is correct. Everyone in the OP's post: no arguments. But the coverages were designed to prevent exactly the type of plays Fitzgerald made. Unfortunately sometimes guys just get beat. If it was as simple as double-teaming guys like Fitz to take them out of the game, they wouldn't have the stats they have. Skelton made nice throws too. Lucky, but nice.
Originally posted by valrod33:

That looked beautiful... I want my money back. False advertise-meant!