LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 269 users in the forums

Calling Out Players That Need to be Called Out

Shop Find 49ers gear online
My call out is to all the pass catching positions...WR, TE, RB...Catch the damn ball!

How many passes bounce of chests, helmets and hands a game. We have to lead the league in drops. This doesnt even mention the ones that are a little off target that all the quality recievers in the league go get anyway. No your not Megatron but damn man at least try and go after it you never know you might make your QB look good for a change.

There have been quite a few days when Alex made our recievers look bad, but can we truely say there has ever been a day when the recievers made him look good?
  • Chico
  • Veteran
The entire Offense and OC!!!

YOU'RE IN THE REDZONE!!! PUNCH THE DAMN BALL INTO THE ENDZONE! WE DONT' WANT OR NEED FIELD GOALS, WE NEED TOUCHDOWNS!!!
  • dj43
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
My call out is to all the pass catching positions...WR, TE, RB...Catch the damn ball!

How many passes bounce of chests, helmets and hands a game. We have to lead the league in drops. This doesnt even mention the ones that are a little off target that all the quality recievers in the league go get anyway. No your not Megatron but damn man at least try and go after it you never know you might make your QB look good for a change.

There have been quite a few days when Alex made our recievers look bad, but can we truely say there has ever been a day when the recievers made him look good?
Excellent question.
Originally posted by CrownJP:
I was at this game so ill chime in here as well ...

Secondary (all of it) - His name is Larry Fitz(cant spell the rest and do not care to look it up) ... he is the best WR in the game .... COVER HIM ... THEY DO NOT THROW TO ANYONE ELSE

gerald.

i'm not sure whats so hard about that.

Originally posted by dj43:

Excellent question.

^
Vernon Davis: Looks like Tarzan ...Practices Like Tarzan... ...Plays like Jane
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Excellent question.

^

Ironically I thought of one in the Cards game. It was Ginn making a fabulous catch for a 1st down conversion near the goal-line. It's one of the reason I don't hate Ginn as much despite of he drops.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Dec 13, 2011 at 1:11 PM ]
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by CrownJP:
I was at this game so ill chime in here as well ...

Secondary (all of it) - His name is Larry Fitz(cant spell the rest and do not care to look it up) ... he is the best WR in the game .... COVER HIM ... THEY DO NOT THROW TO ANYONE ELSE

gerald.

i'm not sure whats so hard about that.

kind of embarrassing if you ask me
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Excellent question.

^

Ironically I thought of one in the Cards game. It was Ginn making a fabulous catch for a 1st down conversion near the goal-line. It's one of the reason I don't hate Ginn as much despite of he drops.

haha yeah the WRs make nice catches on overthrows all the time. See Detroit and Crabtree. See Vernon Davis 2009.

Sometimes better throws would lead to less drops. Imagine if i threw 100 passes that were perfect spirals and on target. And now image i threw 100 passes that were slightly off target, wobbly, or not with the correct velocity.

Of the perfect 100 balls, more will be caught then the off target balls.

I think Smith needs to be more precise in his deep to middle range passing. Also, getting the ball out has not just been an issue this past game. It has been an issue all year but its been hidden due to Defense, ST and the running game. Defense and running game hit a lul and the QB is getting exposed. Its not like we were lighting it up with Alex before this past game. We squeeked by our victories with good ST, D and running the ball. Getting the ball out has always been Alex's problem. That combined with poor pocket awareness, which are two in the same, has led to an average season on a very good team.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Dec 13, 2011 at 1:03 PM ]
Originally posted by 9erguy:
Vernon Davis: Looks like Tarzan ...Practices Like Tarzan... ...Plays like Jane

Vernon Davis: "I lift things up and put them down" ...Practices: "I lift things up and put them down" .. Plays: "I'm so pretty, I'm so pretty"

HaHa...Love it.

Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Excellent question.

^

haha yeah the WRs make nice catches on overthrows all the time. See Detroit and Crabtree. See Vernon Davis 2009.

Sometimes better throws would lead to less drops. Imagine if i threw 100 passes that were perfect spirals and on target. And now image i threw 100 passes that were slightly off target, wobbly, or not with the correct velocity.

I think Smith needs to be more precise in his deep to middle range passing. Also, getting the ball out has not just been an issue this past game. It has been an issue all year but its been hidden due to Defense, ST and the running game. Defense and running game hit a lul and the QB is getting exposed. Its not like we were lighting it up with Alex before this past game. We squeeked by our victories with good ST, D and running the ball. Getting the ball out has always been Alex's problem. That combined with poor pocket awareness, which are two in the same, has led to an average season on a very good team.

Dude, don't over do it. I'm still a Smith supporter Receivers are paid to make tough catches too. Just like QB are suppose to make good accurate throws.

Got me thinking since Ginn is a returner, maybe he's good with high floaters but not so good with medium to low zingers....
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Dec 13, 2011 at 1:23 PM ]
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by boqi:
Andy Lee - You look white, you kick like a Mexican soccer player, but your last name is Chinese. WTF?!?!

"If you want to know Kurupt said it and I'm calling out names"
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Excellent question.

^

Dude, don't over do it. I'm still a Smith supporter Receivers are paid to make tough catches too. Just like QB are suppose to make good accurate throws.

Got me thinking since Ginn is a returner, maybe he's good with high floaters but not so good with medium to low zingers....

I think the problem right now is that the drops compared to the great catches is a horrifically one sided ratio. We see maybe one good catch a game, while witnessing a minimum of three to six dropped passes every game. The thing is, I just don't know how we fix such a consistent issue (the drops), aside from forcing them to practice more.. or upgrading pass-catching talent. Crabs has a drop every now and then, BUT they're pretty few and far between these days. Walker, VD and Ginn on the other hand are almost locks to drop one each game. Crabs has made more plays lately than any of these guys and it's no wonder he's become Smith's favorite target. He's one of the only people Alex can trust at the moment.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Dec 13, 2011 at 1:52 PM ]

TE Davis - I'm sorry, I thought you one of the strongest players in the NFL? Apparently you think you're Barry Sanders or Dante Hall trying to juke out multiple defenders. While you dance around like a got dang fairy, players like Kyle Williams are BLOWING UP corners with stiff arms. You're practically twice as big and strong as him so how about knocking the ever-lovin' daylights out of a DB or throwing them aside like you did in college? Also, I understand you're being double and triple teamed, but the lack of effort at times is INEXCUSABLE. I saw exactly what you did on that deep pass Sunday. You said, "Welp. I'm triple covered. Not getting the ball." And rounded off your route instead of continuing to run and it fell incomplete. It may not have gotten there anyway, but YOUR effort in the play was disgusting.

I believe the correct term would be "dad gum". "Like a dad gum fairy...."
Share 49ersWebzone