LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 206 users in the forums

We lost 2 out of 3 (AND THEN BACK ON WINNING TRACK) ***UPDATED!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
What are the chances we get a #1 seed out of this
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by Youngb:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
So where does that leave us?

Ravens: Loss.
Rams: Win.
Cardinals: Loss.
Steelers: Loss.
Seahawks: Loss.
Rams: Win or loss.

I only see 1 winnable game left. Our redzone offense and offensive line are horrific. We have take a massive step back in regression. 11 - 5 or maybe 10 - 6 final record. We have been exposed. Zone blitz against the run and pass. We can't beat that. The formula is there.

So we limp into the playoffs like this and it's 1 and done. Anybody who thinks otherwise is crazy at this point. This is not an offense that wins in the playoffs. Forget the #2 seed BTW.

I've been a loooooooooong time reader. Your posts continuously make me laugh since you tend to be the least knowledgeable out of all the other posters. Your consistent attempts at being "correct," are becoming annoying since almost all of them have been incorrect. I'd rather have a first time poster start a new topic than you. At least then it would have some factual substance to it.

What I've found is that any zoner who exhibits a non-biased and blunt take on a player "knows nothing about football." It's kind of like the old joke - "did you ever notice that everyone who drives slower than you is an idiot?" Point is, don't assume he isn't knowledgeable just because he doesn't tell you what you want to hear. He's actually one of the brightest guys in the zone.

LOL. Thanks.

Anyway to all I'm glad they are better than expected. And I'm much less worried after beating a top tier team like the Steelers. I think we are playoff ready if we can continue our Redzone execution. So hopefully win out and secure at least the #2 seed.

Steelers: WIN.
Seahawks: WIN.
Rams: WIN.

13 - 3 and at least the #2 Seed and a 1st round bye. Maybe the #1 seed if the Packers can lose some games. I'm much less worried now. A stellar performance against a top tier team.

13 - 3 and at least the #2 Seed and a 1st round bye. Maybe the #1 seed if the Packers can lose some games. I'm much less worried now. A stellar performance against a top tier team.

Cheater!
Originally posted by IWasWrongRubber:

Cheater!

I recognize greatness. And I'm more confident now. I just want to continue to see redzone TD's in the final games and going into the playoffs. If we do we are positioned well. Hopefully the #2 seed also.

Cheater!

I recognize greatness. And I'm more confident now. I just want to continue to see redzone TD's in the final games and going into the playoffs. If we do we are positioned well. Hopefully the #2 seed also.

Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Cheater!

I just want to see progress. That's all. When I'm shown it I'm on board....
this is f**kign funny

Your progress depends 100% entirely on what happened in the last game. I take it your prognosis is "good" right now?
If we lose next week, of course it will be back to "s**t".
Originally posted by BrianGO:

Your progress depends 100% entirely on what happened in the last game. I take it your prognosis is "good" right now?
If we lose next week, of course it will be back to "s**t".

I'm much more confident after at least splitting the Ravens and Steelers games. If we lost both I think we would be 1 and done in the playoffs. This game gives me strong hope we can win 1 or several playoff games. I think we are for real. I hope we can win out and secure at least the #2 seed. I really want the bye. If we can get some type of miracle with the GB O Line banged up maybe they can lose out and we can get the #1 seed...

you were SO confident that we couldnt possibly beat the Steelers. now all the sudden were awesome again? this is why nobody takes you seriously.
Originally posted by Niners99:

you were SO confident that we couldnt possibly beat the Steelers. now all the sudden were awesome again? this is why nobody takes you seriously.

I just wanted them to show me something in the redzone and show me something vs. a top tier opponent. They did both today. I'm happy....

I just wanted them to show me something in the redzone and show me something vs. a top tier opponent. They did both today. I'm happy....

lol you make no sense. one game makes way too much of a difference in your opinions. after the AZ game you basically said they were a fraud, and cant score in the red zone. now after tonight you think their a legit SB contender? no single game should sway any opinion like that. I think everyone gets a little tired of your bipolar fandom. if we lose next week in SEA and look bad doing so, are you going to change your tune again?

try keeping an even tempered approach. dont get too high or too low. look at their body of work over the full season. we all know who the 49ers are. theyre a top 3 defense consistently who takes away the run every single week. we can be passed on in zone coverage, but our pass defense all depends on if our DL is getting pressure on the QB.

our offense is inconsistent, but has shed its issues with turnovers, and cut back on penalties. we still have issues managing the playclock, and getting the play in on time. when the OL is able to give Smith a little time, our short passing game keeps the confidence high, the running game balanced, and the offense moving down the field. otherwise we start becoming predictable, lose confidence, and start losing concentration.

the ST are elite in every form. elite LS, elite coverage teams, elite returner, elite punter, elite kicker. our kicker leads the NFL in FG's made, our punter leads the NFL in net yardage, and we lead the NFL in both our own drive starting point, and opponent drive starting point.

the D moves from good to great depending on how well we disrupt the passing game, the ST is always great, and the offense is going to look nice on and off.

the D was more "good" than "great" last week in AZ, and the offense had one of those off days. it happens. tonight, the D played elite because we pressured the QB, and the offense had a pretty good day. we beat a very good team by 17 pts. overall were a 12-13 win team.

taking all this into account, I just couldnt understand why in the world you got so upset about the AZ loss. everything you said was so extreme that it made you look like you had no idea what you were talking about.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Dec 20, 2011 at 3:56 AM ]

We had better win the damn Super Bowl or I have a feeling "some posters" may try to run you off this board LOL

I was thinking the same s**t as you after Arizona, thats why I avoided the place to avoid something like this.

We're good pal You know it and I know it. I see what you see too, and yes, I think it's going to happen.

lol you make no sense. one game makes way too much of a difference in your opinions. after the AZ game you basically said they were a fraud, and cant score in the red zone. now after tonight you think their a legit SB contender? no single game should sway any opinion like that. I think everyone gets a little tired of your bipolar fandom. if we lose next week in SEA and look bad doing so, are you going to change your tune again?

try keeping an even tempered approach. dont get too high or too low. look at their body of work over the full season. we all know who the 49ers are. theyre a top 3 defense consistently who takes away the run every single week. we can be passed on in zone coverage, but our pass defense all depends on if our DL is getting pressure on the QB.

our offense is inconsistent, but has shed its issues with turnovers, and cut back on penalties. we still have issues managing the playclock, and getting the play in on time. when the OL is able to give Smith a little time, our short passing game keeps the confidence high, the running game balanced, and the offense moving down the field. otherwise we start becoming predictable, lose confidence, and start losing concentration.

the ST are elite in every form. elite LS, elite coverage teams, elite returner, elite punter, elite kicker. our kicker leads the NFL in FG's made, our punter leads the NFL in net yardage, and we lead the NFL in both our own drive starting point, and opponent drive starting point.

the D moves from good to great depending on how well we disrupt the passing game, the ST is always great, and the offense is going to look nice on and off.

the D was more "good" than "great" last week in AZ, and the offense had one of those off days. it happens. tonight, the D played elite because we pressured the QB, and the offense had a pretty good day. we beat a very good team by 17 pts. overall were a 12-13 win team.

taking all this into account, I just couldnt understand why in the world you got so upset about the AZ loss. everything you said was so extreme that it made you look like you had no idea what you were talking about.

I'm the same way, I just choose to keep it off these boards.

When we lose I get quiet around here, and for good reason. SD is just passionate about this team like the rest of us, he just gets ahead of himself sometimes, it's all good. At least he comes back and takes it, i can't say that for everyone around here.
Share 49ersWebzone