There are 128 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Why does VD shy away from contact?

I know I may catch a lot of flack for pointing this out but I have noticed that VD will try to; jump over, run around, juke, spin, leap, and sometimes jump on the ground like the WR's from "the greatest show on turf". Why is he such a P$$Y? On sound FX PWillis was even telling him "they say you won't get physical" "lower your shoulder and run somebody over"! His reply "I got you" and then he shyed away the entire game!

He will block (upclose contact), but when it comes to full speed contact he turns into a mouse.

I have noticed this for a long time now (since he was a rookie), he goes down on first contact unless you try to pull him down from behind.
We need a smash mouth TE that can catch the ball in the flat break a tackle and pick up first downs and short yardage TD's!

When he was getting the downfield yards, we were losing. So the answer isn't to send him on a streak route every play.

Thank's for letting me vent...

Your thoughts?
Trade Him
Originally posted by valrod33:
Trade Him

THIS.
Because he wants Alex Smith's numbers to suck....duh!
Originally posted by valrod33:
Trade Him

No chance, cap number is way too high.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Originally posted by IWasWrongRubber:

When was the last time you saw him lower his shoulder and truck someone? He should be on dancing with the stars as much as he stops his feet and trys to juke defenders.
Originally posted by glorydayz:

When was the last time you saw him lower his shoulder and truck someone? He should be on dancing with the stars as much as he stops his feet and trys to juke defenders.

He runs over people. He jukes people too. He outruns people. And he's very physical blocking. He does all those things.
I agree with the OP. Vernon seems to try to avoid contact. Worse, he has a hard time breaking tackles. I would love to see improvement.
Hanging out with Dixon too much.

Just because he's fast, he thinks he's elusive... He's got it backwards...he has momentum. Lower your shoulder and level people.
Because of Troy Polomalu
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
I agree with the OP. Vernon seems to try to avoid contact. Worse, he has a hard time breaking tackles. I would love to see improvement.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by glorydayz:

He runs over people. He jukes people too. He outruns people. And he's very physical blocking. He does all those things.

When has VD EVER ran someone over, the guy is either trying to jump over people or run outta bounds. I've never seen this guy lower his shoulder and truck someone like Frank the Tank who's twice as small.