LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 295 users in the forums

What a difference a season makes: The QB Position suddenly looks bright.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
What do you want, a cookie? Oh I almost forgot, you want Vince Young.

Nevermind, no cookie for you.

We would have beat the Cards today with VY. Lets remember VY never had the talent the Alex Smith has with the 49ers. I guess people love the errant passes by him. I'm waiting for the excuses for him....please start.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Well said.

Dude is serviceable and will make a great backup.

Serviceable because of Harbaugh. Otherwise he is garbage. Smith will never be worth the pick. I was not a fan of picking Kaep but I think he has more upside.
Originally posted by 305Niner:

We would have beat the Cards today with VY. Lets remember VY never had the talent the Alex Smith has with the 49ers. I guess people love the errant passes by him. I'm waiting for the excuses for him....please start.

LMAO you're nothing if not persistent, I will give you that.
Well said.

Serviceable because of Harbaugh. Otherwise he is garbage. Smith will never be worth the pick. I was not a fan of picking Kaep but I think he has more upside.

Oh yeah. The coaching seemed to have helped everyone. Smith before harbaugh was bad.

LMAO you're nothing if not persistent, I will give you that.

LOL. Yeah, DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, and LeSean McCoy suck. VY has no talent to work with.
if Grant continues to play well, maybe the team can trade P. Willis for a better QB next year. I think its worth it. Alex will never lead the team to a Super Bowl or even deep into the playoffs.
Well said.

all i have to say to back up my statements and feelings of alexis is the following.

WATCH TONIGHTS DALLAS AND GIANT GAME. Now those are 2 qbs that can throw the ball and carry their teams, win or lose. 45 seconds to go and romo gets the ball from his 20 to the 30 of ny with no timeouts.. Manning slices defenses. Thats how its done in the nfl. YOU WIN WITH YOUR QB PLAY.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ask yourself zoners. Do you really feel confident that alexis can replicate that for our team on a consistant basis. Really?
Originally posted by whatawegot:
Well said.

all i have to say to back up my statements and feelings of alexis is the following.

WATCH TONIGHTS DALLAS AND GIANT GAME. Now those are 2 qbs that can throw the ball and carry their teams, win or lose. 45 seconds to go and romo gets the ball from his 20 to the 30 of ny with no timeouts.. Manning slices defenses. Thats how its done in the nfl. YOU WIN WITH YOUR QB PLAY.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ask yourself zoners. Do you really feel confident that alexis can replicate that for our team on a consistant basis. Really?

Neither team was playing against a defense tonight.

You guys talk like all these guys are elite. Look at the throw to Manningham in the 2nd quarter. Guy was wide open and Manning lofted a terrible throw to him. He had to stop and wait for 10 seconds for it to get to him. I could have made that throw. And that is my point. Sometimes the receivers just have to make catches. Rarely is the pass perfect. Yet if Alex doesn't throw a perfect pass everyone is all over him. He he threw that same pass that Manning threw to Manningham the board would be all over him.

Ehh VY plays for the eagles who have a very talented team and he threw like 4 picks against the friggin Seasquaks had a completion percentage around 57%. Oh yea not to mention he threw around i dunno 10 picks over 3 games started while vick was injured. You straight trippin bro and please no Vincexcuses
  • Silky
  • Veteran
I'm an Alexfan but he played like crap today. I hope he learns from it and moves on. We need him to make plays next Monday night

Originally posted by SportsFan:
Neither team was playing against a defense tonight.

You guys talk like all these guys are elite. Look at the throw to Manningham in the 2nd quarter. Guy was wide open and Manning lofted a terrible throw to him. He had to stop and wait for 10 seconds for it to get to him. I could have made that throw. And that is my point. Sometimes the receivers just have to make catches. Rarely is the pass perfect. Yet if Alex doesn't throw a perfect pass everyone is all over him. He he threw that same pass that Manning threw to Manningham the board would be all over him.

you think arizonas defense is good? You dont b***h slap a team in your park. Actually alex played bad that game also and left 17 points on the field. Division game or not, the niners should run a team like arizona out of the stadium especially with skelton in at qb. Add 3 turnovers and you still lose? There are 2 types of members on the zone. Alex smith groopies and alexis bashers. I choose the latter.
[ Edited by whatawegot on Dec 11, 2011 at 9:14 PM ]
  • fly15
  • Veteran

its our WR's fault, they can't catch.....
Originally posted by fly15:

haha Yah tel Eli Manning that. His WR dropped a game winning TD in the endzone. Came back and threw two more strikes for a TD.
he stares down his receivers waaaay too much. but i am not an alex hater.
Originally posted by fly15:

haha Yah tel Eli Manning that. His WR dropped a game winning TD in the endzone. Came back and threw two more strikes for a TD.

This, and he threw accurate, threw his WR's open, looked off the safeties, avoided the blitz, had touch, etc.

Alex......
Share 49ersWebzone