LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

Patrick Willis Injury

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Willis was walking around on the sidelines in full spirits, no way in hell it was serious, but I doubt (actually hope) we don't play him next week.
he dead
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Hard to believe it would be serious. He walked off and walked along the sidelines. You can't walk on a torn hamstring.

My guess is a strain. Probably could play next week if it was a big game. I imagine they'd let him sit until he's 100%.

Contrary to popular belief, the Steelers game is not a big game for the team, just the fans.
Originally posted by Born49R:
Originally posted by tohara3:
Agree. Don't come back unless he is 100% healthy before the playoffs

Completely agree. Imagine how hungry he will be if he doesn't play for a couple of weeks.

Rested legs, healed up from the first of the season. Oooh baby! Plus we should be fine with Grant until we really need Willis.
Yess!! PWillis is very important our team defense and good effect his team for best defense! I love Willis because he is best the defense leaguae ever!
we dont need to sit willis until the playoffs and if he can play next wk you play him, were playing for the 2nd seed for the bye, home game and to avoid the saints in NO.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
I believe we hold the tie breaker over the Saints. So, if we win our remaining division games (as we should)... we get the bye.

No use rushing him back.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
We have the luxury of resting him and not having to rush him back. I wanna see some more of Larry Grant, he had a heck of a game being thrown in there (and Grant was the defensive player with the ear piece so he had extra responsibility)
Honestly I'd rather him sit the rest of the season than have a chance at missing the playoffs. Just not worth it to me... There should be no rush whatsoever after clinching the division tonight. Besides, we got a new beast in Larry Grant and P.Willis junior.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
We have the luxury of resting him and not having to rush him back. I wanna see some more of Larry Grant, he had a heck of a game being thrown in there (and Grant was the defensive player with the ear piece so he had extra responsibility)

Not sure if that will work next week. The reason why our D can be so good is because Willis and Bowman can cover well and play lots of man. I would suspect that once a coach has a chance to plan, Grant would become a target. Good thing the Rams are garbage.
it aint serious he was seen in the sidelines all smiles with his hoodie on joking around with the fellas.......he didnt looked bothered whatsover..........sit him out next weekend n have him well rested for the monday nite game

Member Milestone: This is post number 2,400 for PRIMETIME21.
Originally posted by okdkid:
I believe we hold the tie breaker over the Saints. So, if we win our remaining division games (as we should)... we get the bye.

No use rushing him back.

idk arizona been playing good ball lately, and im sure they are getting tired of us beating them so much .
He shouldn't play the rest of the year, I know we are fighting for seeding but I would rather have him at 100% for the playoff!!!!
We don't need him to come back a week to early and re-injure it and miss the playoffs. Hammy's are funny like that!
Shut him down the rest of the year?

Patrick is a special player but he should be evaluated, treated and re-habbed like anyone else. As soon as he' deemed 100% he should be out there.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
When he missed that tackle I knew something was wrong.

looks like a very minor hamstring injury but he should sit out next week just to be on the safe side.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by okdkid:

No use rushing him back.

idk arizona been playing good ball lately, and im sure they are getting tired of us beating them so much .

They haven't beaten us in 3 years and we destroyed them a few weeks ago. I'm not too frightened.
Share 49ersWebzone