LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

Patrick Willis Injury

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
I think it'll hurt us a little by not having willis in there. He's definitely someone we would have wanted in AZ next week. AZ beat the Cowboys today which I didn't expect. These last division games are going to be tough in my opinion.
Sit him for the rest of the season except for the last game where we play him for a few snaps to get him ready for the playoffs. Treat it like the last preseason game.
Originally posted by Baldie:
I think it'll hurt us a little by not having willis in there. He's definitely someone we would have wanted in AZ next week. AZ beat the Cowboys today which I didn't expect. These last division games are going to be tough in my opinion.

Last 3 division games all on the road. No question they will be tougher.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
When he missed that tackle I knew something was wrong.

looks like a very minor hamstring injury but he should sit out next week just to be on the safe side.

i agreed it.. If he is full 100 % health before to play ready games in 16 games then bye for 1st round in playoff? I am thinking well..
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I'm actually worried Pat's injury is little more severe then they think it is.
Originally posted by susweel:

Yeah, but you worry about everything.

i am not this is the superstar of the defense probably a pulled hammy or strain and trainers dont want him to aggrevate it... he seemed fine on the sidelines and even when hurt on the field it wasn't hard to tell it wasn't very serious
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Muggins879:

It's true

Originally posted by NinerDieHard:

i am not this is the superstar of the defense probably a pulled hammy or strain and trainers dont want him to aggrevate it... he seemed fine on the sidelines and even when hurt on the field it wasn't hard to tell it wasn't very serious

Not so fast. Anytime you see Willis laid out on the ground with his head in the grass it could be really serious. This dude is tough as nails and plays through broken bones. Yeah he looked good on the sideline but if it were minor at all I would guess Willis jogs off the field then talks to trainers.
Originally posted by 9erReign:

Not so fast. Anytime you see Willis laid out on the ground with his head in the grass it could be really serious. This dude is tough as nails and plays through broken bones. Yeah he looked good on the sideline but if it were minor at all I would guess Willis jogs off the field then talks to trainers.

you underestimate the power of the hammy! i doubt its a pulled hammy (even though i said that before) but even minor hamstring injuries can be extremely painful but they subside quickly (within the same game quickly) again it could've been reaggrevated so trainers likely said stay on the bench larry grant is doing well and we can't have you hurt
Originally posted by 9erReign:

you underestimate the power of the hammy! i doubt its a pulled hammy (even though i said that before) but even minor hamstring injuries can be extremely painful but they subside quickly (within the same game quickly) again it could've been reaggrevated so trainers likely said stay on the bench larry grant is doing well and we can't have you hurt

Yeah thats obvious. But my point is nobody was in his ear on the field telling him to stay down. And even bad injuries Willis still gets up. And you seem to underestimate how much a hammy can linger. Yeah they feel like they heal up real quick and you can walk easily. Then go try to accelerate or sprint.
Told ya's he wast a f**kin bust...
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by overthemiddle:
yes hold him out till at least the steelers games and longer if needed.

agreed.
Share 49ersWebzone